Skip to content

First time player requesting Mod advice.

LambertusLambertus Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
I'm hooked.

I'm halfway through Icewind Dale and i've decided to switch over to Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition for a while.

Should I first experience the game as is? Are there any game breaking glitches I should install mods for? Are there any mods that massively improve the game experience without affecting the vibe of the original experience?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    There are no game breaking glitches and if you haven't played the game before I suggest you do that unmodded before deciding if there are things you'd like to change. Areas mods address include:
    - adding content (there's more than enough anyway if you're new to the game).
    - increasing difficulty (it's difficult enough anyway if you don't know what's going to happen).
    - changing the UI and controls (this is largely a matter of taste, so you might as well just experience the original).
    - changing specific game mechanics like reputation or spell behavior (again this is a matter of taste).
    - fleshing out NPCs (BG1 by default has much less interaction with the original Bioware NPCs than BG2. If that's something you're keen on you might want to consider using the NPC Project mod.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    The only mods that I think can be used even for a first playthrough are mods that don't change the gameplay or add/change the content.

Here are the ones I can think of:

- Portraits Portraits Everywhere: Adds portraits to almost every NPCs.

- Full UI mods (like mine :p you can even choose the style you like most: BG1EE skin SoD skin BG2EE skin).

- EEUITweaks: To manually choose the UI tweaks you want (can be used on top of full UI mods).