Skip to content

archer won't obey script/won't stay at range

H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
Recently my archer character has not been obey the script assigned to him (either 'ranger ranged' or 'ranged.') He will not attack on his own, and when I command him to, he always closes into melee range even with a ranged weapon. If I move him back at range, he just stands there and does nothing, until I click on an enemy to attack, then he closes into melee range again.

Is this a known bug/glitch? Is there a fix for it? As it is now, the character is essentially useless, since he charges into melee range and just gets killed. He has the most kills in my party. At range he's invaluable, at melee range, not so much...

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    @H0RSE: Are you saying that when manually told to attack, your archer, which has a ranged weapon equipped, is running up to the mob and attempting to melee? That is very strange behavior... which any sane script should not even be possible of creating.

The only thing I can think of is that your archer has a blindness effect applied. This reduces his visual radius to 0, causing him to be unable to see any monsters. Scripts won't attempt to attack anything as he cannot "see" the monsters, and player-ordered tasks will cause him to try to "see" the monster by walking up to it.

Some questions:

1. Have you installed any mods?
    2. Which game version is displayed on the main menu, (in the bottom right)?
    3. Could you attach a save that is displaying the bug? (you need to zip it up for the forums to allow you to attach)
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    "Are you saying that when manually told to attack, your archer, which has a ranged weapon equipped, is running up to the mob and attempting to melee? That is very strange behavior... which any sane script should not even be possible of creating."

- he's not attempting to melee, he's running into melee range and using his bow.

"The only thing I can think of is that your archer has a blindness effect applied. This reduces his visual radius to 0, causing him to be unable to see any monsters. Scripts won't attempt to attack anything as he cannot "see" the monsters, and player-ordered tasks will cause him to try to "see" the monster by walking up to it."

- That's not it. It's gone on for awhile. Way past the time I would be blinded.

"1. Have you installed any mods?
    2. Which game version is displayed on the main menu, (in the bottom right)?
    3. Could you attach a save that is displaying the bug? (you need to zip it up for the forums to allow you to attach)"

- 1. No
    - 2. v2.5.17.0
    - 3. The bug seems to have solved itself, but this isn't the first time I've had this happen. I've had it happen in past versions of the game.