Skip to content

How to get rid of debug mode cheat?

I enabled debug mode to fix a character that somehow just vanished because of a bug, and made him come back (not in my party). A weird side effect though was that my characters got the following buffs permanent: Negative plane protection and invulnerable. I tried disabling debugmode, and when I saved and loaded a game the buffs were gone, but later on they suddenly reappeared. Now I cant get rid of them. I tried saving and loading, sleeping, enabling and disabling debugmode. Even when I load an old game before this, where I dont have the buffs, the buffs pop up permanent. How do I get rid of the cheat I somehow enabled with a mistake?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Did you accidentally enable Story Mode perhaps? If all your characters also have 25 strength as well then that is probably the issue.
  • goodly666goodly666 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the tip. I did reset the .ini file and the other file after I activated debugmode, so its quite possible thats what happened. Didnt know story mode did that, but I will definitivly check it out tomorrow after work.
  • goodly666goodly666 Member Posts: 6
    It was story mode. Cant believe I went through so much, deleting ini files, reinstalling etc. when all I needed was to uncheck story mode in options. I feel dumb now.