Skip to content

Please make bags a bit more user friendly.

I have been playing through BG1 and now BG2 obsessively, the story mode covers the fact that i suck at these games and i can just enjoy the story.

However, I have OCD, so when i play games i like to collect absolutely everything I possibly can. This means getting things like bags of Holding etc.

Using console commands to get one for each toon, I quickly noticed they are linked, but whatever. My issue is that there is no way to know exactly how many slots you have left in the Bag of Holding, or the scroll/gem/potion containers, either.

Side note: The command to get the Bags of Holding give you two different versions. BAG04 gives you a 100 slot bag (I checked the wiki), but BAG31 gives you a bag with well over a thousand slots.

The fact that there are multiple commands for scroll cases is why I am finally making this thread, cos i want the biggest one ofc, but have no way of knowing which one that is without spending god knows how long testing each one.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    every scroll case, gem bag and potion bag all have 100 slots

and the thing about containers is, they are actually considered a "store" so hence the reason if you summon bag04 6 times you are technically summoning the same "store" 6 times

if you want you can use a game editing program like near infinity and set the slots to 65535 ( which is max ) instead of the 100 and then you won't ever have to worry about filling up that bag

although, with that being said, i have no idea on how to show how many slots you would still have left, so that would indeed be something that beamdog could look into, and if im not mistaken, that request has actually been asked before
    lolienGrammarsalad
  • DoozerpindanDoozerpindan Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2019
    The bags seem to all have multiple versions though, such as with the Bag of Holding, which has a 100 slot version and a version with well over 1k slots, hence me asking.

This editing program seems the easier solution though, where do I get it?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Okay, so, I have found the scroll cases using NI, but I cannot find anything referring to how much the bag can carry or how to edit the carry capacity.
    Okay, I think I've found it, I had to select store when searching, not item. Is there a way to edit the storage capacity for every version of a container, rather than doing each one individually?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I actually find that ammo cases (and in BG2, potion cases) are almost as useful as BoH. The problem being that 'one' stack of arrows takes up 80 slots, and likewise for potions. In BG2 I use the console to change all my Extra Healing potions to the equivalent in Superior ones (ditto in BG1 for Healing to Extra Healing if I'm soloing).
    I edited the storage capacity for every bag of holding, saving each as i went, and it hasn't increased the capacity of them in game. I even dropped all my current ones and summoned a new one, still nothing.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

I edited the storage capacity for every bag of holding, saving each as i went, and it hasn't increased the capacity of them in game. I even dropped all my current ones and summoned a new one, still nothing.

i think that is because your current game's save data has saved your bags at the default value, it won't be until you start a new game where it will take effect
    Well that blows. Ty for the reply, I did wonder if maybe that was it.
    Okay, thank you!
    lolien