Skip to content

HELP!!! Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 -> BG2 new UI :(

Well, the new UI for BG2 EE looks great, but my trusty Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 has problems with it. The tablet has a software menu bar at the button for Tasks,Home,Back rather than physical keys, and these are occupying the SAME space as the icons for casting, talking attacking, using special abilities etc. The old UI used to finish at the point the software bar appeared, but now if I try to click on a BG2 icon the menu bar pops up and I end up clicking "Home" or "Back" :( I've tried switching off the "scale UI" option which reveals a little more of the screen so save/load buttons are no obscured on the initial menu screens, but combat is still impossible. HELP!!!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello! What Android OS do you use?
  • landryanlandryan Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2019
    It's Jelly Bean I think... quite old, not rooted etc. 4.2.2. That's as far as I can download OS updates for without rooting it...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There's a known problem that the game is partially obscured by softkeys on Android 3.0 to pre 4.4 KitKat. We recommend to use newer OS.
    Gusindalolien
    And if the manufacturer no longer offers upgrades, I either go down the hacking route or I buy a new tablet? Seems a bit much for a game that's been running fine for years without issue... no backward compatibility option hidden in the config then?
    The problem is regarded as a bug in our internal tracker, and the team is thinking on how to handle it.
    lolien
    Oh that's great, thanks. Although I take your point about upgrading the OS. Perhaps this is just the excuse I need to move to a better tablet...
    JuliusBorisov
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    Any news on this issue? I've just bought a BG2 EE and I can't play because of this navigation bar.
    Patch this please!
    No news on that issue, sadly. We recommend to use newer OS.