Skip to content

What PWs would you be excited to play on again?

2»

Comments

• KrivoklatKrivoklat Member Posts: 25
    The Daggerford / Haze team made great low level PW's that were hardcore D&D glory.

When being level 3 was really something!
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    Krynnhaven, played for years and years there, love DL. Kudos to DM_Badger, DM_DS, DM_Stormrider,AM_QS, DM_Rith, AM_Strabreeze and all the great role players who made the world come alive for me an many others.
  • RestoRangerRestoRanger Member Posts: 5
    <3 Alangara
  • melonranchermelonrancher Member Posts: 5
    Neversummer 4!
  • AzimnAzimn Member Posts: 24
    I used to love Layonara, I know they are still around but I'm hoping they come over to NWNEE.
  • KerbachardKerbachard Member Posts: 3
    Sulaco said:

Im very excited to relive some NWN with new content. While it didnt have perma death i played on a server for a long time called Aventia. I would love to see that world again, while not likely i am very excited to see what beamdog has done to bring new life into such an amazing title.

Aventia was the best! I've certainly missed those epic days with Winter, Happy, Rokranon...the 4th version of the server is still up on the old game, but it's a far cry from the good old days.

I'd certainly love to see them make the transition, EE needs an alternative to the Role Playing required PWs that seem to be dominating at the moment. Oh, and unlimited levels that lead to some insanely challenging areas!
  • BumaBuma Member Posts: 2

Sulaco said:

Im very excited to relive some NWN with new content. While it didnt have perma death i played on a server for a long time called Aventia. I would love to see that world again, while not likely i am very excited to see what beamdog has done to bring new life into such an amazing title.

Aventia was the best! I've certainly missed those epic days with Winter, Happy, Rokranon...the 4th version of the server is still up on the old game, but it's a far cry from the good old days.

I'd certainly love to see them make the transition, EE needs an alternative to the Role Playing required PWs that seem to be dominating at the moment. Oh, and unlimited levels that lead to some insanely challenging areas!
    Hello there old Aventia player here playedback in the day in 2002/2004 and had the best time in Aventia hope soon se will see it here on EE.when started play here on EE was rlly miss a server where u could lvl post 40 now I found a rlly nice server we have legend of chance (loc) with no post 40 lvl and is good too but we have also loc dirtinap edition where u can lvl post 40 rlly similar of Aventia post 40 lvl.atm rlly enjoyng it lot of Areas and rlly like the server Try it ppl for me atm is one (or Both server)are the best out there on EE version.
  • DallianceHitherDallianceHither Member Posts: 8
    I really enjoyed The Border Kingdoms, even if it was the server equivalent of a train wreck. Plenty of problems, but it was so different, it attracted plenty of roleplay and strife. I mean I think my PCs permakilled like 4 people total.

You just can't turn a massively popular open beta into a full server when you don't have enough staff
    or sense. Maybe it was always going to be a flash in the pan; there was no advancement because level 8 is start and max, and the only personal advancement is equipment, which the forge goblins will always grind.

There weren't enough DMs to approve your nonsense, but sometimes chaos can be pretty.
  • griff1thgriff1th Member Posts: 1
    Made an account just to say: Dark Sun (amazingly well-balance PvP PW inspired by the old DSO game, great admins and very active in its day) and Menzo :))
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    Legacy of Avalor.
  • nightsoilmannightsoilman Member Posts: 1

Mossbourne. A fantastic PW, great staff, super cool people who frequented it. Yeah, I’d play Mossbourne again, as long as many of the same people were there.

Hey Enialus! Yeah, I know this is a bit dated, but I recently rediscovered NWN:EE and found myself really missing Mossbourne. Good to see you still around!
  • DM_DjinnDM_Djinn Member Posts: 112

I really enjoyed The Border Kingdoms, even if it was the server equivalent of a train wreck. Plenty of problems, but it was so different, it attracted plenty of roleplay and strife. I mean I think my PCs permakilled like 4 people total.

You just can't turn a massively popular open beta into a full server when you don't have enough staff
    or sense. Maybe it was always going to be a flash in the pan; there was no advancement because level 8 is start and max, and the only personal advancement is equipment, which the forge goblins will always grind.

There weren't enough DMs to approve your nonsense, but sometimes chaos can be pretty.

We designed our server with the general experience of Border Kingdoms in mind. It’s the closest thing to what the knights of Noromath strives for. Cool to see that people still remember it!
  • JhaerikJhaerik Member Posts: 21
    The Three Towns.

Was by far the best old school server.
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    Three Towns was good yep, I prefer my own PW though ;)
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    I'd love to play again in the french server I used to play back them, "La Pierre des Mondes".
    I have quite a few fond memories there... unfortunately, I believe it's long gone now ... and there are very few french speaking PW
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    Krivoklat said:

The Daggerford / Haze team made great low level PW's that were hardcore D&D glory.

When being level 3 was really something!

I had a wizard on Daggerford named Chompskin Ningle. It was really fun.

• NumysNumys Member Posts: 18
    Hi come and play old ashen realm it is on and PW come and see it. We can play together. Kepp masterwork. The server is on now till 2020 try it and have fun.
  • cyberbillpcyberbillp Member Posts: 1
    Mossbourne. A fantastic PW, great staff, super cool people who frequented it. Yeah, I’d play Mossbourne again, as long as many of the same people were there.

Hey Enialus! Yeah, I know this is a bit dated, but I recently rediscovered NWN:EE and found myself really missing Mossbourne. Good to see you still around!

Awww. It's awesome to see you guys enjoyed it so much. Every now and then I think about re-creating Mossbourne, I've long ago lost the files for it sadly. And my D&D manuals.

Seriously though, I just went to Barnes and Noble and got the D&D manuals and drew it all in from the D&D maps. It wasn't hard, years of D&D experience probably helped. LOL.

Mossbourne took three Linux "servers" to run. I can't remember if I ran some sort of VM or just multiple instances. Does this new version run in Linux, support multiple servers and come with the toolset? I've not looked into it much since these days I mostly play shooters. Still, now and then I do miss questing with you guys... exploring the Underdark, slaying the dragon.

Cyberbillp/Bobcat/Buppi/Cletus/Disa/Rhea
  • DrakonDrakon Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2019
    cyberbillp wrote: »
    Awww. It's awesome to see you guys enjoyed it so much. Every now and then I think about re-creating Mossbourne, I've long ago lost the files for it sadly. And my D&D manuals.

Seriously though, I just went to Barnes and Noble and got the D&D manuals and drew it all in from the D&D maps. It wasn't hard, years of D&D experience probably helped. LOL.

Mossbourne took three Linux "servers" to run. I can't remember if I ran some sort of VM or just multiple instances. Does this new version run in Linux, support multiple servers and come with the toolset? I've not looked into it much since these days I mostly play shooters. Still, now and then I do miss questing with you guys... exploring the Underdark, slaying the dragon.

Here is the live server list for NWN:EE (https://nwn.beamdog.net/), for example Arelith has 3 servers. Also, since EE raised the player limit to 255 per server and linux VPS hardware is so powerful these days there's less technical need to run multiple servers.

At my day job as a software developer I check https://lowendbox.com/ regularly to find good deals on linux servers. You can get a box with 2-4 gigs of RAM, decent CPU, and a large enough SSD for $20-$40 a year.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited April 2019
    cyberbillp wrote: »

@cyberbillp ,
    The explanation you gave is one of the main reasons Mossbourne was so fun. It was apparent that the work and design was a labor of love there. I very often listen to Loreena McKennitt, and each time I do it’s a reminder of the awesome experience that was Mossbourne.

Good to see you too, @nightsoilman! Sorry I missed your entry several months ago. ? I hope you are well. Cheers!
  • peterk1peterk1 Member Posts: 1
    I really miss the World Of Karador and it's actually the reason I purchased EE edition. I saw that the server was still up after all of these years, but it turns out that they are still running the old server.

Super friendly place. They didn't go crazy with the role playing aspect. They had about a dozen of the classic TSR modules scattered around in a HUGE world, so you could arrange to play an adventure with a few friends if you wanted to. I had a blast just trying to grind new characters up to 5th level by doing "boring" stuff like being a woodcutter and selling wood, or mining. Even menial stuff like that was exciting because the world was dangerous as hell - you never knew what was going to happen when you went into the woods or into the mine by yourself.

It was also financially challenging because every little thing cost you a little bit of gold. If you had to go on a long trip, you had to make sure you had enough food, enough gold for stables/inns along the way.

Fun times.
  • ByTheSwordByTheSword Member Posts: 9
    I used to play on a server called World Of Charun, created by The_7th_House. Truly wonderful in it's detail and breadth. I also really enjoyed Bruehawk's Server, both versions since there were two, one located on The isle of Saphage and another set in a large city. The Dalelands was a great server. Finally there was Sigil, where you could port in any character you wanted. Very laid back, but a roleplay heavy server.
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    Sadly, we can now officially add The World of Aenea to this list. I will always treasure the time I spent there, and all of the friends I made as well. Was a top-notch world with lots of excellent custom scripting.

Heavy sigh.

• WyteHawkWyteHawk Member Posts: 1
    It wasn't anything incredible in terms of systems, but it was a fun community and setting. Battledale: Pilgrim's Rest would be great to see revived. The original version.

For any others who may remember this persistent world server, Battledale - Pilgrim's Rest, the original module - I have currently got this hosted on the EE version of NWN for you to log in to. The module is exactly as it was when it closed down in 2005. So come join us, enjoy the rich memories we all made and partake in a little roleplay or an adventure to the kobold sewers, the fire pits or the semberholme goblins. We also have some of the old regulars knocking out to exchange old stories with.

For any who don't know Battledale, it is a low-magic PW hardcore-roleplay server that ran from 2002-2005 and existed primarily pre-CEP. The level cap was 20 and the server limit 30 people, and set in the Faerún Dalelands - especially Battledale and the surrounding Cormanthor area. With roleplay enforced. The focus of Battledale was to feel immersed in the D&D experience, to be part of a community and a down-to-earth roleplay environment where the wondrous happenings in the village and its surrounded areas were met with awe and excitement.
  • Blksabbath74Blksabbath74 Member Posts: 27
    Higher Ground...literally my favorite of all time...
  • TinkerTinker Member Posts: 11
    dTd wrote: »
    Krynnhaven, played for years and years there, love DL. Kudos to DM_Badger, DM_DS, DM_Stormrider,AM_QS, DM_Rith, AM_Strabreeze and all the great role players who made the world come alive for me an many others.

KrynnHaven was the first server I started playing on and absolutely loved it.
  • Orion3TOrion3T Member Posts: 2
    Jhaerik wrote: »
    The Three Towns.

Was by far the best old school server.

Awesome people still remember it. :)

3T is still running on NWN, even after all these years.

There is some talk on their forums about whether it could run on EE. If it did and I could play it cross platform from my tablet, I might be tempted to join in....