Skip to content

Female class/race names (BG-like)

carfax19carfax19 Member Posts: 18
edited January 2019 in Feature Requests
Please make it possible to have female strings for the character record, including class and race names, selectable for each character in the party (in BG/IWD games). Right now, it can't be done, as the choice of the m/f strings is made based on the protagonist only, so f players will cause f strings on male NPCs, and vice versa.
Post edited by carfax19 on

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2019
    carfax19 said:

Please make it possible to have female strings for the character record, including class and race names, selectable for each character in the party (in BG/IWD games). Right now, it can't be done, as the choice of the m/f strings is made based on the protagonist only, so f players will cause f strings on male NPCs, and vice versa.

I assume you are using tokens? The 'PRO' signifies the protagonist. I believe* you can use other tokens for non protagonists. Heh, but you have to edit specific strings... I'll see about doing a mod to do this, at least for class descriptions. Shouldn't be too difficult.

* I should stress that I'm not completely sure about this (e.g. if replacing with will give you what you are looking for)

Also, more non profit tokens would be nice.

I'm also remembering that there may be a way to add custom semi permanent tokens. I've created tokens that need to be updated by script which isn't ideal
    edited January 2019
    Hmm notes for later:

https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/2da/2da_bgee/tokentxt.htm

This might be moddable...
    Can't get it to work. Bummer