Skip to content

Are there any items for mages that are restricted by alignment?

I was going to make my sorcerer LG (for a 12 reputation; for the best prices).

But I’ll stick with neutral or even evil if I am better off with something else.

Comments

• AerichAerich Member Posts: 159
    Nothing I can think of offhand. Even if there is one item, it's not going to be all that special. A sorceror's power is in their spells, not items. Rings of Wizardry and a decent set of robes and you're set. FYI, I'm not sure if alignment makes any difference to prices if you have 20 Cha. If not, a simple Friends spell - which is not the best pick from a combat perspective but definitely easy to work around - should give you best prices and you can pick any alignment you choose.
    Klorox
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    There are different Robes of the Archmage for good/neutral/evil alignments.
    StummvonBordwehrIamdorf
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited January 2019
    reputation will not effect your prices until you hit 9 or lower or 15 and higher, so if you were neutral you would get the same prices for being good, also your starting REP is based off the first character you make, so if you want you can make your first character lawful good, and make everyone else evil if you wanted to and you would still have 12 REP
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited January 2019
    There's a set of robe that's restricted but it puts you under infinite symbol pain so i don't think many players use that
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited January 2019
    Staff of Hanged Men’s Glee in Castle Maluradek...but it’s not that good anyway (it lets you cast Animate Dead and can only be used by evil mages). I usually sell it to Hobart :) You’d be better off using the Summoner’s Staff
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 159
    I forgot about the Robes of Archmage, but they aren't that good. You can get better AC much earlier from bracers + the Robe of Enfusing. Again, none of this stuff is actually necessary. Sell all of it and buy Edion's Ring of Wizardry for your Sorc instead. :#:#