Skip to content

Can't locate SoD saves.

stu-kstu-k Member Posts: 30
When trying to continue SoD my SoD saves don't pop up just my BG:EE saves. I have to load the final battle save, then hit escape till the Imoen dialogue. Now I can access my SoD saves. Help. I bought BG:EE & BG2:EE together thru beamdog & play on my Mac. I don't have any mods.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,314
    edited January 2019
    When you start the game it will by default look for saves from the game you last started. You can see which game it's looking for by the big icon on the left of the screen. If you want to change that you should see 2 smaller icons on the bottom right of the screen - one for SoD and one for Black Pits (see example from my installation, though I don't know whether it looks identical on a Mac).Clicking on the SoD icon will swap that for the BGEE one and mean that you see those saved games when you try and load a game
  • stu-kstu-k Member Posts: 30
    thanks at first all that shows are the two icons for BGEE and Black Pits I hit Black Pits then the SoD appeared. And then the saves. I play my games right from the Steam screen. So that worked. Again, thanks, I'm glad this site exists.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I was going crazy trying to load my SoD saves, because they were in the right directory, but they didn't appear to load. I had just transferred my save files from Android to continue on PC, and thought I had made a mistake there.
    Then I found this post, thank [insert favorite deity].

I just find it illogical that the same thing happens on the Beamdog client, if you already select SoD and then play. Shouldn't it automatically access the SoD saves then?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    There's a lot to be done with updating the Beamdog Client.