Skip to content

Isle of Styss/The Revenant Isles (18+ Adult Only) WoW Style PVP, Adult Roleplay, Customization

Just wanted to share a little about this amazing server. I just started playing there a week or so ago.

It has a very interesting mix of features, and with more players, I think it could become one of the strongest servers. It usually hangs around the top 10 on the list.

Some things about the server

- The Warzone: IoS features a Warzone where players from the 4 major cities can take and hold key terrain features, similar to games like World of Warcraft and Dark Age of Camelot. Honestly, not my thing, but we have a lot of avid PVP players constantly making raids and fighting one another.

- Leveling: Leveling is extremely quick, even solo, and the players and DMs are extremely helpful. It is perfect for a casual gamer like myself, that doesn't have the time to grind a rat at a time, and more dedicated gamers will often have a character in each city.

- Roleplay: Roleplay is encouraged, but never enforced, so while there is plenty of opportunity for roleplay, you can also jump on and shout "Hey, who wants to go clear out Grumstone?" or "Can I get help with this build?" without fear of reprisal. The casual attitude leads to more time spent with other players, a better community, and ultimately to better roleplay, whereas on some of the stricter roleplay servers, I would constantly find myself alone, or going through the motions but never making lasting connections. Also, with four major cities, the potential for politics and intrigue is enormous.

- Adult Content: The toons are nude when they take their clothes off, and there is a huge amount of additional clothing content. There are certain items and locations that lend themselves to adult roleplay. If it's not your thing, and you don't go looking for it, you'll probably never see it. However, if you've played on servers like Kinky Kingdom, Kissmet or Sinfar, and are looking for something on NWN:EE, this is for you. We have a ton of old KK/Kissmet alumni. Come join us!

- Customization: In addition to a huge number of clothing options, there are all sorts of other customization options, to include deleveling, wings, tails, animal heads, changing heads and hair and skin color, height variations, and even the ability to change race (in appearance only). So you want to play a Halfling but all the builds suck? No problem!!! Build as a human and then change your appearance. Want cloven hooves and a tiger head? You can do that too!

In addition, Isle of Styss has some beautiful scenery, challenging dungeons and plenty of locations to explore.

We are building a community. Come join us!

Comments

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I think the main issue IoS faces in population is that the majority of players for this type of server are already playing on Sinfar. If NWN:EE added more character customization options through scripting then Styss could implement those and make a better appeal to the old IoS players currently residing on Sinfar. I believe the admin of this version of IoS also played on Sinfar and even made a video about the community enhancements that should be added to NWN:EE about a year ago.

If that kind of feature change happened in the future I think IoS could definitely be in the top 3 servers. People should definitely give it a go if they like action or pvp, or even faction based rp.
  • Blksabbath74Blksabbath74 Member Posts: 27

I think the main issue IoS faces in population is that the majority of players for this type of server are already playing on Sinfar. If NWN:EE added more character customization options through scripting then Styss could implement those and make a better appeal to the old IoS players currently residing on Sinfar. I believe the admin of this version of IoS also played on Sinfar and even made a video about the community enhancements that should be added to NWN:EE about a year ago.

If that kind of feature change happened in the future I think IoS could definitely be in the top 3 servers. People should definitely give it a go if they like action or pvp, or even faction based rp.

I don't disagree with you, but I would point out that the reason that a number of us are playing EE is because we (long ago) lost the ability to play NWN DE on our PCs.

If you are in that boat, and EE is your only option, and if you are looking for an Adult Social Persistent World, then Isle of Styss is really the only one around.

Back in the day I played on Kissmet for years (circa 2004-2009) and I can probably count the number of adult roleplay encounters I had on one hand.

What I really like about Social Servers like Isle of Styss is that they generally have;

- Strong Community: For whatever reason, Adult Social Servers tend to have really cool, laid back players and Dungeon Masters, and that makes for a really fun and endearing community with real connections to other people beyond the roleplay.

- Easy Leveling: This is huge for casual gamers, who on some severs will never get above level 10, grinding out rats and kobolds for a pittance of XP. On Styss, you level fairly quickly.

- Customization: Sorry, it may be vain, but the ability to customize my appearance is huge for me, both in terms of aesthetics and for roleplay.

- Good Roleplay: Forget adult roleplay, the casual atmosphere and strong community lend themselves to good all around roleplay. Connections are made, friendships are forged. I really can't explain it. Your characters and the places they inhabit become real.

Anyway, not really the point, but yes, If we could get to the point of having 20+ players on a regular basis, it would be a huge breakthrough, and yes, the server is as good for PVP/Action players as it is for RP players.

• Blksabbath74Blksabbath74 Member Posts: 27
    Also, NG and CG Paladins are available...
  • SpinilithSpinilith Member Posts: 4
    This is truely a great server, speaking as one who playes there. Its less softcore then Sinfar, and the player base is much more solid now then it was a month ago, its very exciting watching the server grow. Its very solid and has great members who encourage roleplay in and outside of pvp.
    https://discord.gg/nvCFxY this is a temporary link for the discord, I'll figure out how to make a permanent one if that's possible and repost it.
    https://discord.gg/vmEbVnC there that's the perm discord link
  • ndbabendbabe Member Posts: 1
    I played on the original Styss, and previous incarnations before. There are many reasons I have returned to it once it relaunched. Among them are :

- There is a good combination of fantasy play, lifestyle BDSM, and plain vanilla RP. It also combines it's own lore with the basics of AD&D. It is a believable fantasy place.

- Yes, there is "adult content". It is a portion of the server though as it is more as a flavor added to it, not the main purpose of it. You can specify in your bio what you do and don't do as a reference for other players to know OOC.

- The Warzone is a good launch pad for role play as well, or you can just go in and fight awhile "King of the Hill" style taking the two forts. PvP stays in designated areas so that those involved in RP or PvE ( hunting) are safe to do so.

- Overall server rules cover things to ensure the place is Safe, Sane, and Consensual. Your journal is your handy reference guide for at least 90% of what is on the server in rules, lore, modifications, and chat commands. Check the sign in the OOC area for updates to the server itself.

- There are many custom features on The Revenant Isles, and more are being brought in for better "quality of life" play such as hidden helms and cloaks. Many previously available items and functions from original NWN are being explored to be brought into current EE version on TRI.

- Housing is available, one per player currently. Design your own, or ask for a prefabricated model home if you are not familiar with toolset. Both are customizable when working with a Dev. (I offer prefab style homes myself on the server.)

- The Devs working on the server are working for the enjoyment of all, and love of the Dev work. Being a DM or Dev is a volunteer, unpaid job, taking out of personal time. It is best done as a hobby love as it is being done on this server.

- It is a community, a gathering of friends old and new, and a server in which one can write their own character's story with the participation of many interacting with it in real time.

I think that covers it.