Skip to content

Is there a package/collection of IWD + IWD 2 Soundsets ready for use in BG2:EE ???

krikkertKRIkrikkertKRI Member Posts: 19
The IWD 1/2 soundsets must be converted to WAV. files, am I right?

If there's already a collection in place for other gamers' convenience, then that's awesome. If not, if necessary, I can easily edit and add the soundfiles on my own into the override folder, and designate the right sounds to the relevant filename (such as "selected 1", "selected 2", "Battle cry 1" etc. etc.)

But the soundfiles must be converted to the right soundformat first, I am pretty certain of that. That I am not able to do on my own, I think. What is strange though, is that I installed IWD 2 real quick just to copy the soundsets, so I could work with them and place them in BG2:EE override, I found they are already called WAV-files... Yet i cannot play them in any of my various media players and they don't work in BG2:EE (they don't even show up, no doubt because they are the wrong format).
Are there different types of WAV. files or are these files protected somewhow?

The 1 or 2 forum topics here on Beamdog I've come across that may have had potentially promising information have linked to sites/pages "out of use" or closed to me because I strangely "don't have permission"...

Comments

• krikkertKRIkrikkertKRI Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2019
    I see this topic ended up in the wrong category… Not sure how to move it to "BG2:EE Mods", which is where i meant to post it.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited January 2019
    @krikkertKRI, in this thread, there is IWD2 and might be IWD further into the reading (can't remember) but make sure you look at this as well if it doesn't work properly and what might/will be happening next.

Gus

Edit: This thread might help as well.
  • krikkertKRIkrikkertKRI Member Posts: 19
    Gusinda said:

@krikkertKRI, in this thread, there is IWD2 and might be IWD further into the reading (can't remember) but make sure you look at this as well if it doesn't work properly and what might/will be happening next.

Gus

Edit: This thread might help as well.

I figured it out :) My main mistake was that I placed the files in Override when instead I should have created a "Sounds" folder and placed it it in Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition.

I also found that the naming system on the sound files are different (as expected), which requires tedious work in giving each files its unique and correct name. It also helped that I have the original IWD manual on hand, where there's a list and info page on the sound files/names. But thank you for your reply.