Skip to content

Creatures disappear from view in short range/distance

Creatures disappear from view when my character is still relatively close to them, how can I make creatures viewable from any range? I didn't find anything in the settings, does it have to do with the module properties? It's not a creature with any "hide/stealth" abilities, it happens with different types of creatures

Comments

• SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    The creature view range is hardcoded at 45m (4.5 tiles). Not sure what you mean by "relatively close", but if it's that, you can't change it. Maybe file a feature request to unhardcode that, but I'm not sure if that will have unintended consequences (e.g. I'm not sure if AI will work well with larger values)
  • ValeriyaValeriya Member Posts: 55
    Right now it seems about 2 tiles away, when I get home I'll get a video capture to show you.

But I've been playing NWN since 2002 and I remember seeing creatures a VERY long distance away, way more than 4.5 tiles.
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    Valeriya said:

But I've been playing NWN since 2002 and I remember seeing creatures a VERY long distance away, way more than 4.5 tiles.

It's 4.5 tiles from the player, not the camera. And in 2002, it was 3.5 tiles, it was upped for one of the expansions I believe.