Skip to content

Who buys dwarven wardstones?

TNAndyTNAndy Member Posts: 3
I just cleaned out Durlag's Tower and collected a small pile of wardstones.  When I went to Sorcerous Sundries in BG, the wardstones appeared to be worth 225 gp each, but of course, they were grayed out because Drin wouldn't buy them.  Does anybody buy them?  Or are they just so much dead weight?

I'm playing BG1:EE if this makes a difference.

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Dead weight, I'm afraid. Wardstones are flagged as 'critical items'. Among other things, it means they can't be sold.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    TNAndy said:
    I just cleaned out Durlag's Tower and collected a small pile of wardstones.  When I went to Sorcerous Sundries in BG, the wardstones appeared to be worth 225 gp each, but of course, they were grayed out because Drin wouldn't buy them.  Does anybody buy them?  Or are they just so much dead weight?

I'm playing BG1:EE if this makes a difference.
    in the vanilla bg they used to be sellable but as CamDawg said, in the EEs they are now considered plot critical items, and any item that has that property cannot be sold ( or disappear if left on the ground )
  • TNAndyTNAndy Member Posts: 3
    I see.  Well, I guess there's a barrel right next to the main entrance of BG.

I noticed in NWN, plot items have a value of zero.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    TNAndy said:
    I see.  Well, I guess there's a barrel right next to the main entrance of BG.

I noticed in NWN, plot items have a value of zero.
    different ways on how the games were made i shappose
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    I'd suppose the price is there since they were originally sellable and it didn't get changed when they were flagged as key items.