Skip to content

[Solved] Certain avatars don't render when using Firefox

BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
edited February 2019 in Site Resources
I don't know if this is a site problem or a Firefox problem, but it is a little something that I've noticed for quite a while now...

The following screenshots show the problem occurring on a random post in recent discussions:

Broken avatar using Firefox 65.0:

Correct avatar using Chrome 72:

If someone's avatar is broken, it is broken everywhere it is displayed. I honestly have an inclination that it is just Firefox bugging out, and not the site, but I thought I should report anyway to get it cleared up.

All other browsers I've tested render the avatars correctly, but of course I'm that one irritating person that prefers using Firefox over everything else :/
Post edited by Bubb on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Seems like a browser problem.
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    I tested it out and I can confirm it a browser issue with Firefox.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Firefox added a basic content blocker to v65. Setting it from "Strict" to "Standard" should solve this issue. The option can be found in Options > Privacy & Security > Content Blocking.

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

@argent77: The option was already set to Standard, though it was the culprit. If I click the Shield at the leftmost part of the url bar I can disable content blocking for the forums, and the avatars magically start working. I guess I'll just let my extensions block all the trackers instead of Firefox ;)

Oh, and I looked closer at the origin of the blocked avatars. Turns out they were all being pulled from Facebook, and Firefox freaked out because of that. Thanks again everyone; solved!