Skip to content

Ooops I fell in Hell

I try my best to avoid reading ahead of where I'm at, so Wraith Sarevok asked me to nut up in Hell, I did so, and am now a Fallen Paladin. Now as far as I can tell being a Fallen Paladin is like being a fighter that can't use bows and probably can't get mastery. So my first question is
1. Once you're in Hell, is there a way to restore your, ugh, paladinity? I've heard vague stories of getting it back via the Order of the Radiant Fart, but I'm not sure how accessible they are in this neck of the woods. In a tale about a demon-baby trying to do right, there ought to be more paths to redemption. Or a way to become a blackguard maybe?
2. As much as I hate cheese, I'm curious about exploits. Cuz I reloaded and tried it the other way, and oh, whoopie, my Paladin now has 19 Charisma and 14 Wisdom. I'd really rather get that 20 strength! My boy is pretty enough, and Wisdom doesn't seem to do crap for a Paladin.

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited February 2019
    You failed the trial of Wrath and by that time there's no way to regain your paladinhood. Can't become a Blackguard either, this is fixed at character creation. So either you accept the fall and keep your Strength bonus or remain a Paladin and get the Charisma and Wisdom instead. If you really want to have your cake and eat it too then just edit your stats with EEKeeper I guess.
    Oswald81ThacoBell
  • Oswald81Oswald81 Member Posts: 63
    Well as a Paladin you must adbide by the rules, so you can't run around all willy nilly sdoing what you please.  You are supposed to be a paladin not Gregor Clegane.
    TraumaDrama
  • TraumaDramaTraumaDrama Member Posts: 56
    But yeah, you should really have expected this. An LG paladin, giving in to his wrath?
    There were bound to be consequences.
    Rather, it's the rest of the game that treats you way too softly, permitting you theft and even murder, so long as your reputation doesn't drop too low.

See I didn't see it at the time as giving in to my wrath. It sounded like anger management classes or something. It's a part of me, and he's gonna teach me how to harness it, point it, so I don't go berserk and kill my special friends every time I use it. I assumed I would be able to turn into the Slayer without consequences. Shame. This would have been like having a Giant Belt inside my tummy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    TraumaDrama
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    It's unfortunate in some ways that BG/BG2 encourages players of all stripes to be Chaotic Neutral (stealing everything in sight) or even Chaotic Evil (killing for XP anyone who won't trigger a reputation drop) the whole game until the very end when suddenly and inexplicably the alignment on the character sheet is enforced.  What ends up happening is that a lot of players are puzzled and ask, wait, if the evil rewards are better in Hell then why does my alignment change when I do the logical thing and grab them?  
    Oswald81
  • TraumaDramaTraumaDrama Member Posts: 56
    How very Mass Effect 3 of them . . . 
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    The old Virtue mod tried to make slipping into evil more gradual, as well as separate morality from reputation but it was kind of buggy and is pretty much abandoned by now. You can give it a try if you want but I don't know if it has ever been updated for the EE.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    It’s a bit odd that getting a bit angry causes you to fall but sacrificing living creatures to Demogorgan is ok
    Oswald81TraumaDrama
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    It’s a bit odd that getting a bit angry causes you to fall but sacrificing living creatures to Demogorgan is ok
    I don't think I'd call a murderous rage, "a bit angry".
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Darn, thought I was going to find a link to a new kick-ass heavy metal song...
    TorgrimmerThacoBell