Skip to content

How to edit .MOS files?

AxwindAxwind Member Posts: 28
Hi all, new here but enjoying the games nonetheless. I was thinking of making a couple minor tweaks to the UI but can't figure out how to convert the .MOS image files to .PNG in order to edit them. Photoshop won't open the .MOS files directly and neither will IrfanView. NI doesn't seem to have an option to export them to .PNG, and I get error messages when I try to view most .MOS files in NI anyway so I can't even see most of them to know which one's which. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    What's the game you would like to edit? For me Near Infinity works good for .MOS conversion:

Do you use the fresh version of NI?
  • AxwindAxwind Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2019
    BG:EE. I used NI 1.33 Beta 20, but when I try to view most of the .MOS files, I get an error message and it won't display. And I've tried exporting a few that I do see, but it only gives me the option to export as .MOS. That menu in your screenshot that lets you choose the file type doesn't show up when I click the button, it just goes right to the save box and will only save as .MOS.

The error message goes like this: "Error reading [filename].MOS Width (947) and height (0) cannot be <=0

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized I was using an old version of NI. Found the new one (2.1) and everything works fine now. Thanks for pointing the way, though, lolien.