Skip to content

Can I change SCS settings mid-game

Hey there

I installed the Sword Coast Stratagems (also installed is the NPC pack) for Baldurs Gate EE, but I think I may have made it a little too difficult for myself. I generally chose all the toughest options. I'm about midway through the game and had to drop from Insane to Hard.

Can I change its setting mid-game? How would I do that? Would I uninstall the mod, then reinstall it with different options?

Most things in the mod only seem to effect particular enemies, but part of the mod seems to be that various assassins attack you between areas instead of in pre-determined locations.

My party is a Beserker Charname, Shar-Teel, Montaron, Tiax, Quayle and Baeloth. I just thought I'd add that because most people asking for help post their parties.

Comments

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    While there are a few settings that you can change post-install (for BG1, that's mostly about enemy mages prebuffing), most parts would require a (partial) re-install.
    Now, that is possible to do mid-run. But depending on the part, you will probably introduce bugs. A component like the assassins actively hunting you down, sounds to me like it's going to produce weird behavior if uninstalled midway, after you've already met the first few groups (and probably also passed through areas where there would normally be assassins).

As for changing a weidu installation, just re-run the setup-[mod].exe and tell it what you want to re-install with different settings or what you want to uninstall. Weidu will automatically roll back everything after that so that the individual parts will still be in the right order.

If I were you I would try not to mess with an installation midgame if I didn't have to. Rather I'd either try to change the difficulty setting or, if that doesn't help, employ a few simple cheats.