Skip to content

TobEx: 25

DanBoulosDanBoulos Member Posts: 146
edited July 2012 in Fixed
Current Behaviour:

Effect #58 “Dispel” incorrectly calculates the dispel chance nDispelChance += pEff->nSourceCreLevel x 10 - nDispelLevel

Expected Behaviour:

Effect #58 “Dispel” correctly calculates the dispel chance nDispelChance += (pEff->nSourceCreLevel - cDispelLevel) x 10

Revision:

Fix dispelLevel math to do the subtraction before multiply.
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Confirmed fixed.
    Tested by having a level 7 protagonist try to dispel the spells of a level 8 enemy. 0 % success rate (20 attempts) in vanilla ToB. 47.5 % success rate (80 attempts) in BGEE. The success rate is higher than expected, but manually casting spells is too tedious a way of examining the PRNG.
    IgneousBhryaen
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Not sure this is working as intended, especially for high levels.
    I did a series of tests in BG2EE with a Sorcerer level 26 against Kangaxx the Lich level 27.
    On 50 attempts to dispel with Dispel Magic, 16 were successful (32%) 34 (68%) failed.
  • mzorichmzorich Member Posts: 34
    Abel said:

Not sure this is working as intended, especially for high levels.
    I did a series of tests in BG2EE with a Sorcerer level 26 against Kangaxx the Lich level 27.
    On 50 attempts to dispel with Dispel Magic, 16 were successful (32%) 34 (68%) failed.

It should be 40% success rate vs. Kangaxx in your example, which isn't very far off from 32% given the relatively small sample size of 50. I don't think you can draw the conclusion that it isn't working based on this... if anything, I think it appears to be working based on this as it's in the ballpark.

By the way, thanks for taking the time to do this, very helpful as I'm also trying to get to the bottom of the Dispel Magic conundrum!
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    @mzorich Well, given @Wisp results I'd say it's pretty odd. Yes, the batch should be bigger to have more certainty. Anyway, just pointing my observations, not taking any conclusions.