Skip to content

What is the effect of the 2nd probability?

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
When creating items in NI I notice that they're 2 different spaces for probabilities. The first being the probablity for x percentage of time an effect activates. For instance, if an item has a 15% chance to stun the 1st prob slot would be set to 15 but what does the 2nd do?
Skatan

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Skatan
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    It's the lower bound of the probability, where 0 = 1. So for 15% probability the two fields would be:
    <pre>14
    0</pre>
    Or, I suppose:
    <pre>60
    46</pre>
    Etc.

That's interesting. Let's say someone wanted to create an item that has a 40% chance of summoning creature X, a 40% chance of summoning creature Y, and a 20% chance of creature Z. How would the 2nd field be involved?

I've seen something similar in items like on of the Cloaks in Rashaad's quest but the 2nd field read 100% for one spell, 76% for another, etc. It was tough to make much if it.
    Skatan
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    NoloirSkatan
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Many effects in the IE games (even in the EE versions) have the wrong probability because whoever made the items didn't realize that probability1 starts at 0, so an effect that is supposed to have a 2% chance of happening (e.g. Snow Maiden's Reaver freeze effect) has a probability1 of 2, giving it a 3% chance of happening.
    RaduzielNoloirGrond0
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Many effects in the IE games (even in the EE versions) have the wrong probability because whoever made the items didn't realize that probability1 starts at 0, so an effect that is supposed to have a 2% chance of happening (e.g. Snow Maiden's Reaver freeze effect) has a probability1 of 2, giving it a 3% chance of happening.

To be fair, this is a pervasive original game bug--BG2 Fixpack just fixed it for the original in v12 a few months back, and it's been filed for the EEs as well.
    Grond0Skatan