Skip to content

Viconia Romance (console?) Bug

NamarocNamaroc Member Posts: 3
Hello. I am currently playing through TOB and for some reason the Viconia Romance progression has just stopped. I can see by reading other threads that Viconia Romance bugs are quite common. When I open the console and check the 'LoveTalk' progression, it is at 37. I guess 39 is where you sleep with her. I don't know why she stopped talking to me, but since I started TOB she hasn't initiated any dialogue whatsoever. When I try to change the 'LoveTalk' level (to any degree) I am presented with an error:

[string"CLUA:SetGlobal("LoveTalk,"LOCALS",36) "]:1:unexpected symbol near char(226)

I feel like I may have made a mistake when I was editing the .ini file. I'm a total noob with the console. I have been trying to fix it by looking at a variety of forum posts but I can't figure it out.

I've attached my save file..

Thanks!

Comments

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    @Namaroc I was under the impression romances stopped in ToB unless the main romance arc is done in SoA. For Viconia this would be where you sleep with her and she is committed, perhaps even having to go through the portion until she leaves and returns.

But I have never experienced this myself, so not fully sure. I always have completed them in the SoA portion.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    I don't know how the romance works, but regarding the console command you are trying to execute:

1. In recent versions of the engine you put "C:" as the prefix to any commands. So, "CLUA:SetGlobal("LoveTalk,"LOCALS",36)" should be "C:SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",36)"
    2. It appears you have some strings not enclosed correctly, and a comma inside the string instead of separating arguments. This is the command correctly formatted: "C:SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",36)"
    3. In order to set the local of a creature from the console you must have your cursor over said character when you enter the command.

Those are the only things I could see going wrong with the command. If it fixes the romance is a different story, however.

I'll look at your save shortly to see if I can fix it and reupload it here :)
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    @Namaroc: Here's your save with the Viconia romance kickstarted.

The romance ended because the SoA part wasn't completed before you started ToB. Unfortunately, since Viconia changes scripts in ToB you cannot resume the romance where you left it in SoA; but I've made your save start the ToB part of the romance anyways.

For anyone who is curious, this command should be enough to jumpstart Viconia's romance in ToB:
    C:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • LichSwederskeLichSwederske Member Posts: 1
    I'm very curious as to in using these romance console commands could you do a romance over again with the npc in the same game? I just recently finished a romance with Aerie in SoA and while I liked it, it did go by rather too fast, (within the course of 6 game days), as I still have much to do in the game before progressing past chapter 2 and would like to drag out the dialogue more for the sake of the story. So for example if I were to input the following:

C:SetGlobal("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1) and C:SetGlobal("AerieLovetalk","GLOBAL",1) would that allow the whole romance sequence with Aerie to start over from the beginning despite having already gone through it before within the same game?