Skip to content

How to un-nerf the Stupifer?

I always liked using the Stupifier before it got nerfed, Minsc dual-wielding with it was lots of fun. I've tried fixing it with NI but my changes never seem to show up in-game. It always shows the original description so it would seem it's not getting changed even though I put the new item file in the override folder with the changes. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    you might need to make a new game for your updated effects to take place
  • AxwindAxwind Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2019
    I've tried that, using the console to get the item, but it still shows with the old nerfed description. Do I have to replace dialog.tlk as well?

EDIT: Got it working, just had used an older version of NI when I was trying to do it before and that's why it didn't work. But when I used the newest one, it updated just fine.
    Post edited by Axwind on
  • MyceniusMycenius Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2023
    Just curious if anyone has taken this any further with a simple mod or replacement files to change The Stupifier in EE (without needing a tool like NI or similiar)?

While the original 25% Stun with no save was a bit over the top the nerfing was the opposite - so would be good to have it somewhere in the middle ground (i.e. return to 25% but with a save, or leave at 10%, or change to 15%, but remove the save)?

Most people will be well versed in its demise to a glorified +1 Mace, but FWFW In my latest play though Minsc has been using it as his primary weapon from when I recruited him (Level 2) and he's now Level 5½ and the stun effect has fired successfully only about 4 times (that's during the course of clearing 25 areas, incl. Nashkel Mines & Bandit Camp)...

I've done a bit a searching but haven't come across much relating to this. Pity something wasn't in the Tweaks Anthology around it which would have been nice.

(EDIT: P.S. I do have the old zip file of the BLUN41.itm posted in another thread; but it doesn't update description 'in game' I think, and not sure how well it works in EE 2.0 - plus its the original 25% no save version which is probably the opposite extreme).