Skip to content

Baldur’s Gate 2 question.

Hi guys.

I’ve been on the forums a while now but I come and go quite a bit so this question may have been asked before but I was wondering what happened to the original human leather armour model from Baldurs Gate 2. I always thought it looked awesome in the original but it never made it into the EE and they brought over the Baldurs Gate 1 leather armour model for humans.

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    You mean the paperdolls? Afaik, all but half-orc paperdolls are now the BG1 version.
    For better or worse, that's how it is.

My memory might not serve this eve, but at least that's what it's telling me right now
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Yeah I think you may be right. It’s been a long time but not that you say it it does ring a bell.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    BG:EE uses @erephine 's paperdolls, which are based off BG's but modified to look closer to the BGII sprites. It also adopts @erephine 's BGII sprite tweaks which, among other things, get rid of the huge shoulder pads on the leather armor human model.

The original BG models aren't used anywhere in the game (sadly.)
    @AndreaColombo yeah it was the huge shoulder pads that I liked lol
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Why do people like shoulder pads so much?
    Some fantasy art only has shoulder pads and no other form of armor. I don't understand.
    SkatanThacoBell
    I just think that the shoulder pad leather armor looked much better than the current leather armor for humans.
    DJKajuru
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Why do people like shoulder pads so much?
    Some fantasy art only has shoulder pads and no other form of armor. I don't understand.

There's a discussion called "Boob Plate" over in Off-Topic that has touched on this.

Modern aesthetics, basically. Broad shoulders are seen as attractive, hence clothes cut and armor made to make the shoulders appear larger.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    byrne20 wrote: »
    I just think that the shoulder pad leather armor looked much better than the current leather armor for humans.

I agree. They could keep the padless version for clerics and the padded version for fighters!