Skip to content

Drizzt and the Nabassu

My level-4 party arrives to Fisherman Lake. The party consists of
- PC Enchanter Level 4
- Imoen Level 4
- Neera Level 4
- Khalid Level 4
- Jaheira Levels 3/2

After taking care of the half-ogres, we suddenly fell into the ambush of Teyngan. PC casted Charm on the mage and Neera casted Web. Unfortunately, Khalid and Jaheira got caught into the web as well, but in the meantime Imoen pelted the bandits and everything was OK until Neera decided to launch a Magic Missile spell and then ... Hell's gate opened and a Nabassu appeared. He killed the two surviving bandits and then got caught as well in the web. Neersa managed to injure him with the frost wand but then he freed himself and crushed to death Khalid and Jaheira... The three surviving characters fled southwards and met with Drizzt and the gnolls. With the Nabassu on their heels they agreed to help him and would have loved that he could help them as well against the Nabassu.
But ... the Nabassu kept on chasing Neera (PC and Imoen drank Invisisbility potions), didn't attack the Gnolls and did not attack Drizzt, who remained neutral. Finally, as he was about to catch Neera, he disappeared.
And in the meantime Drizzt was walking in circles...

lolienRaduzielStummvonBordwehrKuronaSkatanZaghoulmashedtaters[Deleted User]Maarud

Comments

• RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    Conclusion : Khalid and Jaheira dead so we need to recruit new warriors in the team (I did not resurrect them because I thought that the three characters would not have bee able to carry their bodies to a Temple)....
    mashedtaters
    But I have to admit that it was pretty impressive to see the Demon appear out of the circle of fire. Well done Neera ... I wonder, did it happen to anyone during the fight in Adoy's enclave ? It would be great to have a Nabassu crush Ekandor
    I tend to accept the consequences of the wild surge as well. To be honest it is pretty funny and adds uncertainty to the game. I have never played myself a WIld Mage but I will try after my current runs.
    lolienmashedtaters[Deleted User]
    So now in the party I have added Minsc, Dynaheir and Branwen.
    And it seems that Neera is in a mood of wild surge, because I had some new outbursts (but less lethal):
    - She blinded herself (when we were waylaid by wild dogs, not very problematic)
    - In Adoy's enclave, she had a "swirly thing"effect whilst fighting Ekandor

Btw
    Do the Thayan bodyguards have some kind of magical protection ? Pretty difficult to kill them (more than Ekandor and the other mage).

Wild magic is so funny. And moreover, I love how Dynaheir gets out of her mind because of it...

lolien
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Regarding your spoiler question
    They are using either barbarian or berserker rage. Therefore they are immune to mind affecting spells, fear, paralysis etc. On top of that they seem to aggro exclusively on magic using targets. Rather annoying actually. It is one of the hardest fights in the game in my opinion.
    I agree with you - pretty difficult fight.
    I saw that even if I launch a Horror spell, both wizards can be affected, and sometimes even the bodyguards receive have the small turning sphere above their heads but they keep on fighting.
    What I do usually is to launch some spells and then have Neera drink an Invisibility potion and I try to finish the fight without her.
    I had an other interesting case a couple of days ago with another party. We were in the area south of Beregost, and a ghoul was chasing us (Imoen and my Illusionist mage, pretty weak in fights, and no more spells after the encounter with the Hobgoblins). Then we met the Flaming First soldiers and after a quick dialogue they began to move along without paying attention to the Ghoul which was coming close. OK, I told myself, here we go again ... and then suddenly, one of the soldier came back and hacked the Ghoul to death. A nice surprise, and the confirmation that Drizzt was a bit lazy when Neera got her Nabassu surge ...
    lolienmashedtatersStummvonBordwehr
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    Every time wacky Neera stuff gets brought up I have to bring this story up. There is a fight in ToB that I was really struggling with, so I said eh, what the heck, lets smoke a limited wish on this fight - had Neera cast it. WILD EFFECT it summoned *multiple* genies. She got somewhere in the ballpark of 6 wishes. We easily won the fight.

It would've been interesting to see Drizzt fight the demon though :(
    Raduziel
    edited March 2019
    My last experience of Neera's wild surge was less successful ... in the middle of the Bandit's camp, I wanted her to cast a fireball ....Ooops, wrong target, she cast the fireball at herself and got instantly killed ...
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    The most satistying wild surge I ever had was a cow falling on Rasaad's brother's head in his final showdown instead of a magic missile. Best instance of karma truck ever.
    Raduziel