Skip to content

Talisman on pc

johnnydgoodjohnnydgood Member Posts: 38
edited October 2012 in Off-Topic
I just read on steam that they were thinking of releasing Talisman for the pc. I have the original boardgame at home and am so excited if this comes out on tablet or pc. Anyone else have fond memories of Talisman?
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    ( @Tanthalas this thread probably belongs in Off Topic)

I never played Talisman, but it sounds familiar. Time to google!
  • WenerskyWenersky Member Posts: 4
    Still playing it whenever I meet my brothers :D It would be great if it'd come out for the PC (with the multi-player, ofc!!)
    What I remember is: The Prophetess was game breaking character so whoever picked her, was called a douchebag and the rest tried to kill him. Same went for assassin, but once you got the sword that allows you to take the victims lifes, he was simply unstoppable :)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Talisman is awesome. Day one purchase for me. Still haven't explored all the expansion yet - I hope they are included.
    The only problem I had with it is the encounters dont scale up high enough. There is a long period where you are not quite good enough to go for the crown, but you can destroy every enemy it is possible to encounter,
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I have all the Talisman expansions, the City and the Dungeons, Timescape and so on. I fondly remember someone turning into a frog and playing "Punt the Frog" as the other players landed in that space.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    edited October 2012
    I have starded playing Talisman when i was about 6:) It was my first might and magic realm encounter. Polish version published by "Sfera" name was Magic & Sword (litteral translation) I recently bought myself latest edition. Its great but it's not the same anymore, Im filled with nostalgia when i see this board:)

Did anyone played Mage Knight?
    I'm about to buy it, heard its really good.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The best part of any talisman game is getting dealt 3 opening classes, and having to choose which one is best.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited October 2012
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    edited October 2012
    Hey, but there is already Talisman PC game: There is program called ZunTzu, it is possible to play almost any board game and also there is possibility to add your own board game by scanning the board, cards etc. Of course there is also multiplayer and you can play online.
    Main problem is that, there is no possibility to implement in-game rules so you have to rely on trust to other players (or maybe I just don't know how to implement it).
    This program/game is freeware and you can download it from here (there also a pretty long list of board games that are already available).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAS51TnkfwQ

Sorry for language but I couldn't find English version, also there is I believe connected in one game two board games: the Polish Talisman edition and something like new edition or re-edition called "Magia i Miecz" (Magic and Sword).

Edit: minor mistakes
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Great game, rather unforgiving. Not sure how well it'll translate to PC, but should be interesting.