Skip to content

Spoiler requests for romances

I’ve only ever romanced Viconia and Jaheira (not simultaneously) on my runthroughs previously, and noted you get additional encounters in both. I was wondering if this is the same for other romancable NPCs? I’m referring to encounters/XP/ item benefits rather than what you might call emotional rewards. It would be good to know before I start a game, because as you know romances in BG2 take a long time (just like in real life, sort of).

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    AFAIK Aerie doesn't offer anything besides emotional rewards, but Neera and Rasaad do!
    Dunno about Dorn or Hexxat 'cause Ive never had my characters romance either one.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Jaheira's questline is not dependent on her romance.
    Same for the questlines of the new EE NPCs.
    Aerie and Viconia don't really have personal quest lines. Anomen does, and it's a bit longer with the romance.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Jaheira's questline is not dependent on her romance.
    Same for the questlines of the new EE NPCs.
    Aerie and Viconia don't really have personal quest lines. Anomen does, and it's a bit longer with the romance.

Viconia's romance has an encounter with a follower of lolth by killing her you can loot a mace and chainmail that cant be found anywhere else in the game.