Skip to content

Plz help, I accidentally overrode the BG2EE script option!

Hello! First time modder and I installed a lot at once. Lost in the mix was my unconscious choice to install "Stratagems Ease of Use AI." Look, I can see the immense appeal of this versatile scripting option. But I just played thru all of BGEE and SOD using the script options Beamdog provides and I'd like to get back to that. Is it as easy as deleting some files in my Override folder?

Thanks!

Comments

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Just rerun the scs setup exe and uninstall the script. That's one of weidu's strengths. Everything will be fine.
  • kev666kev666 Member Posts: 28
    Thank you!
    Hey @Humanoid_Taifun I "sucessfully" removed the Ease of Use AI script thru its WeiDU installer but when looking into my active games or starting a new game it is still overwriting the BGEE script option. Any suggestions? And thanks again.
    That should not happen. Can you check your override folder to see if there is a file called 0dw#gen inside?
    No 0dw#gen
    but there is a dw#0592 and dw#0d590
    @Humanoid_Taifun if you have a moment to point me in a direction or two that'd be awesome, from there I might be able to figure it out on my own
    I am a bit embarrassed. For one, I made a promise that went up in smoke, and then I didn't really know how to help you. For a moment I was tempted to accuse you of having done it wrong. But in lack of any real evidence of what happened at all, that would be not only baseless but also also useless.

Having looked through the ease_of_use_ai.tpa I regret never having learned how to code. But if I read this right (something that I evaluate at maybe 70% probability), then "0dw#gen" should be the name of the file. If that is gone from your override folder, then there should be no more script. So I have an idea about what's the problem:
    Even though the script itself was removed when you uninstalled the AI, the links to it have not been. So instead of getting the normal BG:EE AI options, it gives you nothing at all*. The name of the registry that would need to be edited in order to fix your problem is "SCRPDESC.2DA" if I read this right. Looking this file up with NearInfinity I can see that it indeed appears to be script related. However, we do no know if the uninstaller simply failed to alter the line or if it accidentally screwed with a completely unrelated line.
    If you can find a file by that name in your override folder, then please post its contents so that maybe we can compare it with mine.
    Otherwise I will post my own version of that file. Maybe you can fix your problem by simply dropping it into the override folder.

* This should be testable.
    I am a bit embarrassed. For one, I made a promise that went up in smoke, and then I didn't really know how to help you. For a moment I was tempted to accuse you of having done it wrong. But in lack of any real evidence of what happened at all, that would be not only baseless but also also useless.

Having looked through the ease_of_use_ai.tpa I regret never having learned how to code. But if I read this right (something that I evaluate at maybe 70% probability), then "0dw#gen" should be the name of the file. If that is gone from your override folder, then there should be no more script. So I have an idea about what's the problem:
    Even though the script itself was removed when you uninstalled the AI, the links to it have not been. So instead of getting the normal BG:EE AI options, it gives you nothing at all*. The name of the registry that would need to be edited in order to fix your problem is "SCRPDESC.2DA" if I read this right. Looking this file up with NearInfinity I can see that it indeed appears to be script related. However, we do no know if the uninstaller simply failed to alter the line or if it accidentally screwed with a completely unrelated line.
    If you can find a file by that name in your override folder, then please post its contents so that maybe we can compare it with mine.
    Otherwise I will post my own version of that file. Maybe you can fix your problem by simply dropping it into the override folder.

* This should be testable.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited February 2019
    @kev666, not sure what you are trying to do (delete the script?) but 0dw#gen.bs should be found in \scripts rather than the \override folder. The original Beamdog scripts should still be in the scripts folder.

Hope that helps
    Gus

Reading the thread a little better (I think), you should still be able to leave the script in place and just change what script is used by customising the character. In saying all this, I haven't actually used the SCS script before and therefore don't know what it does... To customise the character, open the Character Record, select Customise, then Script. You should be able to select which script you want to use and not be limited by SCS's choice.
    Hi, @Humanoid_Taifun -- it's absolutely no sweat as I am just stoked to have someone to chat with about this. Thanks for your help. While I may or may not have installed it improperly, I did install it with EE Mod Setup and, thru your advice, try to uninstall it with the WeiDU setup.exe. So the incongruous installation/uninstallation may be an issue? Tho it is strange to me that the command prompt says the uninstallation was successful when it clearly was not. I'll check when I get home but to my knowledge the Ease-of-Use script still functions perfectly fine in addition to, of course, occupying space in my list of script options. I found SCRPDESC.2DA in my override folder but cannot attach that type of file to this forum UI or thru the PM UI. Could you PM me your email?

Hi, @Gusinda -- the problem with the Ease-of-Use script I installed (and tried to delete) is that it occupies a space on the script options reserved for the Advanced AI script introduced (greatly modified?) by Beamdog. I just played thru all of BGEE and SOD using that Advanced script and it seemed to be tweaked to work well for each [official] NPC and I came to understand and enjoy it. I'd like to at least check it out in BG2 and decide if I'd rather use that instead of the SCS ease-of-use joint that I installed before starting BG2. I installed it with EE Mod, "successfully uninstalled" it with the WeiDU stratagems.exe, but, alas, "uninstalled" or not, it still occupies the space of the Advanced AI script I'd like returned.

FWIW I freaking love Sword Coast Stratagems. Holy frikkin hell, I am playing it set to Insane mode and it is the most fun I've played BG2 since I first played it fyears. I just dont jive with the ease-of-use script.
    I just reinstalled and uninstalled the ease-of-use script thru the setup.exe and the script still persists and functions just as normally as it did when first installed.
    @kev666, I wasn't aware that SCS modded the original scripts. Attached is a copy of the vanilla script folder for BG2EE 2.5.16.6. See if that makes any difference. I would rename your current script folder then unpack the file into your game folder.

Good Luck
    Gus
    @kev666, I wasn't aware that SCS modded the original scripts. Attached is a copy of the vanilla script folder for BG2EE 2.5.16.6. See if that makes any difference. I would rename your current script folder then unpack the file into your game folder.

OK. Can't upload here so I will post it to you through PM...

Good Luck
    Gus