Skip to content

NWN Enhanced Edition Toolset - custom content does not appear in game

I bought this game about a month ago (on Steam) in the hopes of using the toolset, but now that I've finally gotten around to it, I've encountered a total showstopper.

Nothing that I create or modify in any way will appear in-game. I can paint items in the toolset, modify their properties, create templates, customize them all I want, etc. However, when I launch the game and load up my custom module, nothing that I create appears in-game.

Technical support/developers, please help! I have posted this on the Neverwinter Vault and on Steam, and so far nothing they have suggested helped.

Bug details / what I have learned so far:
-I can place creatures from the game's standard templates, and they work normally. This works with both hostile creatures (e.g. a goblin), and helpful NPCs (e.g. Sharwyn). However, if I try to modify these creatures in any way, either by changing their faction, ability scores, or scripts, they no longer appear when I load the game.

-The inability of created or modified creatures to appear does not depend on what faction I assign them to, whether there is anything hostile nearby (or even in the same module), or what equipment or inventory I give them.

-Attempting to export the saved creature to an erf file does not seem to help, unless I badly misunderstood what was being suggested.

-Loading the module in a different operating system (Mac OSX Mojave as opposed to Microsoft Windows) does not change anything.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited February 2019
    When you modify a standard item, creature, placeable, it is created under the Custom tab of that category.

So if you modify a Goblin, you place down the modified Goblin from the Custom tab.

Also posting your module with these changes modifications so others can load it up and see truly what is wrong, would be super helpful.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Alna_the_SilverAlna_the_Silver Member Posts: 5
    I don't seem to be able to upload module files to this forum; the forum pops up a little text box saying "File Format Not allowed."

I can make the modified entity in the Custom tab without problems. It's when I launch the game client itself and try to play the module that the NPCs do not spawn.

I've also tried to import via .erf files, with no luck.
    What module? Your own?
    Yes, I have tried to upload the buggy module, and it's saying that the file format is not allowed.
    Just archive it to a rar or zip file and attach it to the post.
    JuliusBorisov
    Ah, was informed (on another forum) that I can share a dropbox link.

Thank you very much for helping me. Frustrations with the software running the forums aside, I do appreciate it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykxmg07jj1f1lvc/Sirithia Conflict Module.mod?dl=0
    We found out what the problem was on another forum: EE gives new characters two extra character classes, which causes them to break with extra instances. By removing them, the NPC spawns appropriately.
    JuliusBorisov