Skip to content

Scs Kangaxx against Figther/Cleric lvl 24 - Solo

I am facing Kangaxx with my Fighter 7 / Cleric 24 character. I am playing the last version of SCS with icewind dale spellpack. I installed spellcasting Demiliches component. I need help from people who are experienced with SCS.

Right now i can't kill his Lich form. My strategy is to stay alive until his multiple protection from magical weapons expires. Then hit him with Mace of Disruption +2 until he dies. However this is not working because he strips my defenses and dispell my buffs.

What would be a viable way to kill him?

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Been some time since I played BG 2. Did you try Scrolls of Protection vs Undead and/or Magic? I know that in SCS Spellstrike can take down Protection from Magic, but still worth a try.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Rods of Spell Striking should work.
  • ariakas2ariakas2 Member Posts: 80
    Ammar wrote: »
    Been some time since I played BG 2. Did you try Scrolls of Protection vs Undead and/or Magic? I know that in SCS Spellstrike can take down Protection from Magic, but still worth a try.

Protection from Undead makes you immune to only melee damage from undead in scs. I haven't tried Prot from Magic though.
    edited February 2019
    Rods of Spell Striking should work.

You mean wands? I think i can't use wands as priest.
    You are right. Darn it.
  • smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    edited February 2019
    Could you perhaps use summons to distract him until he runs out of his most crucial spells? It's been a while since I've played SCS though and it may be that he will still focus you while he can see you, even if you stand far away can't remember exactly though.

If that's the case, perhaps you could use the Ring of the Ram to knock Kangaxx to the south-west side of the room so that he can't see you standing at the north east side of the room. Then you can summon creatures and move them one at a time towards Kangaxx until he has used up his most crucial spells.

Also, I believe aerial servants and devas have high enough weapon enchantment to hit Demilich Kangaxx, so if you save those till last they can assist you in actually killing him.

EDIT: Just confirmed that Aerial servants do have high enough enchantment, but ironically Deva's do not meet the enchantment requirement. They can still be useful for fighting his Lich form at least.
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    I can give you many suggestions for fighter/mage but unfortunately not for fighter/cleric as I don’t play priests. The biggest problem you have is that you cannot protect your buffs (e.g. Spell Immunity). Which means you cannot rely on having invincible defences and riding out Kangaxx’s waves of attacks and own formidable defences until the worst has pass. So you’re going to have to go on the offensive, debuff him and kill him fairly quickly before he kills you. That’s not easy :/

Things to consider: Simulacrum from Vhailor’s Helm; Dispel Magic if he doesn’t put up SI: Abjuration; your own HLAs like Summon Deva; or if you want to burn a Protection from Magic scroll, cast the scroll on Kangaxx, not yourself! Now he can’t cast spells :/. That’s an easy kill, but then you might have to burn the second scroll on demilich Kangaxx, so that’s the only two scrolls gone. Your call if you think it’s worth it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Neither Entropy Shield nor Impervious Sanctity of Mind ring a bell. Are these spells from a mod?
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Neither Entropy Shield nor Impervious Sanctity of Mind ring a bell. Are these spells from a mod?

Spells from IWD which are optionally added by SCS 32 (which is at Release Candidate 9 now).
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Maybe try to use sunray on the lich. But the general tactic is protection from undead if working as vanilla.
    You can turn him at lvl 27 and destroy at lvl 34 if scs not increase his level or not immune to turn in scs.
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for replies, i killed him finally. I used Entropy Shield and Impervious Sanctity of Mind to protect my buffs. I also used a lot of summons and simulacrum from vhailor's helm. Unholy word was useful as well as Storm of Vengeance to keep his spells interrupted. I hit him with Mace of Disruption and he couldn't make the save and died. I am proud of my cleric now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    Congrats on the kill. I want to toss my hat into @Danacm's suggestion of sunray. Kangy has very low HPs. An early sunray does lots of damage.