Skip to content

Scrolls and Potions for Clerics.

gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
in the original game the clerics could trough hla create some useful potions and divine scrolls. EE removed it while it kept the similar rogue hlas.
those potions and scrolls could be useful but surely was not op or game breaking, some of them was also quite valuable, but at the time a cleric gets to the level that he can use hla and has already chosen the important ones usually money is not a problem.
the result of it is that every single class cleric or dual into cleric at high level has to "waste" a lot of hla while leveling up cause he has already chosen all the available ones.
a maxed anomen has at least 10 level upgrades where he can not choose any hla cause he has already learned all the possible ones. i find it very frustrating, not cause it underpowers him, but cause it seems to me a sign of bad design to remove something existing before, not game breaking at all (some more potions and scrolls to use each day) leaving instead a void spot.
so here is my poll about it, i appreciate if you post the reasons of your personal vote :

EDIT:
as @sarevok57 pointed out below those cleric hlas come from a mod, easy of use, and are not native of the original game. i apologize.

1. Scrolls and Potions for Clerics.10 votes
    1. i think that introducing again scribe scrolls and alchemy for divine casters would make this game better.
      70.00%
    2. i think that the EE developers decision to remove them is a good one and that those hla should not be introduced again in the game.
        0.00%
    3. i really don't care, at that stage of the game it is mostly a cosmetic feature that does not change the game play in any way.
      30.00%
    4. other.
        0.00%
Post edited by gorgonzola on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im pretty sure that in the vanilla ToB clerics did not get scribe scroll or brew potion, im quite certain that only rogues were given those abilities

if you had clerics doing it in your ToB game in vanilla you must have had a mod installed implementing that feature
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @sarevok57 you are correct.
    i checked my vanilla installation and the alchemy and scribe scrolls for divine casters come from a mod, easy of use. are so many years that i don't play an unmodded vanilla bg2 that i was convinced that it was a vanilla feature and not something mod related... o:):)
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    any way seems that for now the majority of voters like the idea of potions and scrolls for divine casters, some of them don't care about it but no one so far is against it.

maybe the poll is not completely wasted, it can be a hint for a mod as i doubt that there is a conversion for the easy of use one. not a mod that would change drastically the gameplay, but for a modder to download the old easy of use and make only this component ee compatible should be a fast thing ( i suppose, i am not a modder).
    so the divine caster users would no more the frustration to level up knowing that they have right to fget a new hla but can not get it cause all the available ones are already known :).
    in easy of use there is also scribe scrolls and alchemy for mages and that can be included in the mod as well.