Skip to content

How To Make My Blackguard PC Fallen Temporarily?

For a small roleplay reason I want my Blackguard to lose his powers at some point but I'm having trouble with it. I've attempted to set him to fallen in EEKeeper through the characteristics page but it merely changes the class name and I can still use the Blackguard's abilities and any spells I memorized prior to setting it (I can't change my divine spells). I'd prefer not to change class or kit if at all possible because I want to regain these powers at a later point and changing classes opens up a whole can of worms of stats, skills and proficiencies.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Can blackguards fall in BG?
  • EbonslayerEbonslayer Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2019
    jsaving wrote: »
    Can blackguards fall in BG?

Not normally, no, but Dorn does if you take a certain path in his BG2 quest so I imagine there's something in EEKeeper that can provide me with a similar effect.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    You could try leveling up your character after setting his status to "fallen". The game re-sets stuff quite often during a level-up (like your saving throws if your halfling raised her constitution). I do not know if this will work, but it might.
  • EbonslayerEbonslayer Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2019
    You could try leveling up your character after setting his status to "fallen". The game re-sets stuff quite often during a level-up (like your saving throws if your halfling raised her constitution). I do not know if this will work, but it might.

Tried that, doesn't work.
    Post edited by Ebonslayer on
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Unfortunately it looks like the game doesn't support fallen blackguards. I assume what happened was, Beamdog realized the normal falling rules wouldn't work for blackguards and used the quickest fix (exempting them) rather than developing new rules for high-rep falling.