Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (BG1EE skin) (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

2»

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2018
    @bawz @agris In BG1EE without SoD, the chapters screens are named GUICHPXB where with SoD they are named GUICHPXA (GUICHPXB are used for the sod chapters). To simplify, my mod always use the SoD naming scheme but BG:EE Classic Movies mod don't know that.

You may manually fix it if you install BG:EE Classic Movies after LeUI. And then delete all GUICHPXA bams, and rename all GUICHPXB bams into GUICHPXA.
    agris said:

@lefreut A question for you, or anyone else who knows: is it possible to restore tooltips to areas to reveal their names and travel times? I'm not sure if it's Beamdog or your mod which force-displays travel time for some locations, but there's a lot of them for which this information is a black box.

Is there a setting to tweak to enable this?

It's by default and this can't be change by editing UI.menu as the worldmap is still hardcoded.
    Post edited by lefreut on
    agris
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @lefreut thanks, one question. The GUICHPXA/B files are actually MOS, rather than BAM, aren't they?
    My bad, yes they are indeed MOS files.
    lefreut said:

My bad, yes they are indeed MOS files.

Thanks again, your suggestion worked. A little bit of copy / rename in the cmd, and now I've got SoD screens with your BG1:EE UI, and the original BG1 chapter/dream sequences with your UI as well.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    lefreut said:

@bawz @agris In BG1EE without SoD, the chapters screens are named GUICHPXB where with SoD they are named GUICHPXA (GUICHPXB are used for the sod chapters). To simplify, my mod always use the SoD naming scheme but BG:EE Classic Movies mod don't know that.

You may manually fix it if you install BG:EE Classic Movies after LeUI. And then delete all GUICHPXA bams, and rename all GUICHPXB bams into GUICHPXA.

Let's see if I understand this correctly. The incompatibility with BGEE Classic Movies is only with BG1EE without SoD, and renaming GUICHP[0-8]B.MOS to GUICHP[0-8]A.MOS would solve it?
    edited November 2018
    Sam_ said:

lefreut said:

Let's see if I understand this correctly. The incompatibility with BGEE Classic Movies is only with BG1EE without SoD, and renaming GUICHP[0-8]B.MOS to GUICHP[0-8]A.MOS would solve it?
    There's several problems - and there's an install order component to it. In my case, I have BG + SoD, and I wanted Lefreut's BG1 skin, not SoD's, for all the game content including your revised dream chapters.

Problem 1. Installing your mod before his would mean that all the classic chapter and dream screens are overwritten with his, that use Beamdog's art. Install his mod first, and then yours, and your mod will put SoD skins on the classic art, because it doesn't recognize the player's installation of Lef's mod. That's an easy enough fix to edit your tp2 and force game ~bgee~ regardless of GAME_IS ~sod~.

Problem 2. Even if you edit your tp2, the file names aren't correct when BG1 w/ SoD are installed, because your files use GUICP[0-8]B.MOS for BG1's screens, but that naming convention is for content in the SoD campaign. As you said, they need to be renamed GUICHP[0-8]A. There (maybe?) are some dream sequence screens that also have the A/B dynamic as well.

My solution was to install Lef's mod, make a backup of all the all his GUICHP*B.mos files, install your mod, rename GUICHP*B.MOS -> GUICHP*A.MOS, and then restore Lef's GUICHP*B.MOS files. This ensures that the correct UI frames are used for all art, and the classic art is used in BG1 while art in SoD still has the BG1 UI frames.

You might also look at LEAVE.MOS, I think it needs to be LEAVEA.MOS in a BG1+SoD game.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    @agris
    I updated BGEE Classic Movies. Let me know (preferably at SHS) if you encounter any issues.
    lefreutagris
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    Hi @lefreut, I am using this mod and have a problem. Not sure if it caused by the mod, or is a more common 2.5 EE issue?

If I use F11 to slightly customize my interfact, when I open the game the next time the screenshot for my savegames are permanently not shown anymore.

The reason I need to use it is because I am testing SCS RC9 & the modify difficulty button in the gameplay menu overlaps the difficulty bar.
    @Ammar I don't understand why it happens with this mod but it seems that when you use F11 it mess up the bitmap area for the screenshots :|

You can manually edit the UI.menu file instead of using F11 to move the button to where you want.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    lefreut wrote: »
    @Ammar I don't understand why it happens with this mod but it seems that when you use F11 it mess up the bitmap area for the screenshots :|

You can manually edit the UI.menu file instead of using F11 to move the button to where you want.

Yes, I managed it myself now without really understanding the ui files. I saved a pre F11 version and ran an automatic compare against the post F11 version. Then I kept only the changes that I intended.

But it is strange that F11 messes up screens you never touched with it. Seems like an engine issue and a mod issue, though.