Skip to content

NWN Explorer Reborn compatibility with EE?

Am I doing something wrong or the NWN Explorer Reborn doesn't work?

Comments

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Hey Acaos, it DOES open BIF files but the names are not detected. And of course it doesn't detect the installation. Thanks!
  • GlorwingerGlorwinger Member Posts: 41
    @Acaos The main issue I have found is that the .key files were moved into the data folder. That means the path to the .key folder is the same as the .bif. If the folder (data) is appended to the path to find the .key the .key file STILL returns "data\" so when the path to the .bif is created it has \data\data\. I stumbled across this using NWN Explorer while I was fixing the nwnnsscomp compiler.
    Acaos said:

It doesn't work (yet). Niv pointed out that there are some assumptions in the code that aren't properly handling some of the EE changes. I'm going to try getting it working soon (I need to get my build environment set up again).

Acaos

any luck?
    Proleric said:
    I knew of that fix, but it didn't work for me, alas.
  • JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    @Dark_Ansem It didn't work for me either until I followed these steps:
    1° Copy nwn_base.key from your installation 'data' folder to the 'Neverwinter Nights' folder
    2° Launch NWNExplorer
    3° Press 'ok' at both errors it throws at you (probably can be fixed from the options menu, didn't bother)
    4° Open the nwn_base.key that you just copied into the Neverwinter Nights folder
    5° Profit.

I hope this helps for you, I tried directly opening the nwn_base.key fil with NWNExplorer which doesn't work, maybe you're making the same mistake.
    edited March 2019
    Sorry for the delay but it didn't work alas.
    Post edited by Dark_Ansem on
    edited March 2019
    Let me clarify: it doesn't work for the following BIF files

en_convo
    en_voicesets
    en_xp1_sounds
    en_xp2_sounds

Fixed. Just had to open the other .key
    Thanks!