Skip to content

BG(EE)1&2: Baal power 'Horror' has the wrong duration.

In both parts of BG (EE) games this spell lasts for 3 rounds, but it should lasts for a 1 turn (as staded in its description).

To fix this issue you need to make changes in the file "SPIN105.SPL", in the 'panic' effect change the value of 'duration' field from 18 to 60.

Bugreport #40256
JuliusBorisovGrond0

Comments

• kotopheykotophey Member Posts: 97
    kotophey wrote: »
    In both parts of BG (EE) games this spell lasts for 3 rounds, but it should lasts for a 1 turn (as staded in its description).

...effect change the value of 'duration' field from 18 to 60.

Same must be done for effect 3, 5 and 6 (I used Near Infinity).
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    edited March 2019
    Did it last the full turn in the original games? I am not certain that the Bhaal powers necessarily are intended to work in the same manner as the similar spells.

After all, they already differ in casting speed.

EDIT: Just recalled you got Ghoul Touch instead of Horror in the original BG. So one would just need to look at the original BG 2.
  • kotopheykotophey Member Posts: 97
    Ammar wrote: »
    Did it last the full turn in the original games? ...

To answer a self question 'it's a bug or not', I was guided by the description of this ability, which completely copies the description of a similar 2nd lvl arcane spell. Although of course the ability also has a higher casting speed (1 vs 2) than the standard 'Horror' spell.

Where is a mistake (in the description or in action of ability itself) I do not know. For myself, I made the listed above changes (change duration to 1 turn).