Skip to content

What program do I use to merge Beamdog's BGEE and SOD together so I can use EET to install Trilogy?

cleverestcleverest Member Posts: 12
edited March 2019 in General Modding
It's telling me my SOD needs installed...it is installed, but it's in a separate folder. I just purchased all 3 packages via BeamDog, then copy pasted the installs from the downloader into my own folders (putting them on a flash drive ultimately) - THANK YOU for any guidance, I think once I know how to do this, I can use EET fine.

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Here you go:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1

I think that @argent77 also made something that works (I seem to remember that it is better than modmerge in some way)
    cleverest
  • cleverestcleverest Member Posts: 12
    Here you go:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1

I think that @argent77 also made something that works (I seem to remember that it is better than modmerge in some way)

Thanks for this, but I didn't think I had to use this on the BEAMDOG installs, but I guess I do...however when I run DLC MERGER in my BGEE folder, it tells me no DLC is found and closes. I need to do something with DragonSpear apparently for it to find it and I don't know what that is. :-(
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited March 2019
    I think this is a misunderstanding. SoD is patched onto your BG:EE game if you install it. Meaning, the "SoD game" folder includes both SoD and BG:EE. This is what you need for EET.
    cleverestlefreutJuliusBorisov
    Thanks! I didn't realize that, LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2019
    @subtledoctor Maybe that changed recently, but when I bought SoD from BeamDog and downloaded it via the BeamDog client, my existing BG:EE game was patched to SoD, the stand alone BG:EE no longer existent after the patch, I had to download it anew (to have a BG:EE without SoD for modding).
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    By default with the Beamdog client, SoD will be installed on top of BGEE. It will contain everything and you won't need modmerge.

After that, you can also manually install only BGEE (it will go in another directory). It's not really useful unless you want the blue interface or want to test mod installation with and without SOD.
    JuliusBorisovcleverest
    Hey guys, was so excited to get EE MOD installing my mods...everything is updated to 2.5.17, but now it tells me:

ERROR: [EET/SOD_GUI/CH01AJON.MOS] -> [EET/SOD_GUI] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "EET/temp/biff/mos1321.pvrz"))
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "EET/temp/biff/mos1321.pvrz")
    Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was not installed due to errors.

Without this component the installation cannot be continued.

I've downloaded the latest and placed it in my downloads folder as per EE Mod's config...I'm trying to install 1.0 Release Candidate 11.3 of EET

What else can I do? This process has been a nightmare :-(

@cleverest You could post here so k4thos sees it faster.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited March 2019
    Thanks but a reinstall may have worked...I'll post later, thank you again.