Skip to content

Rasaad's tests at the Heretic temple... (SPOILERS about Rasaads personal quest)

Hi,

I have the feeling that there is something "wrong" with this quest in general. Shouldn't Rasaad be doing at least some of the tests? He's the monk trying to infiltrate the temple in search for Alorgoth. Why does charname have to do in for him (apart from the simple reason that Rasaad is pretty useless)

For example, during the trial with the three shadows attacking you, before going in, the guardian asked "Will you take the test?" and Rasaad answered "This is my only change to reach Alorgoth, CHARNAME. I must take it", even if it was charname going in. It gave me the feeling that he should be doing the test and not the protagonist.

What do you think?
Zaghoul

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    That sounds reasonable to me. Plus, it should be a monk's stronghold as well, not the Keep, especially after completing all the tasks for Rassad and fighting off the other monks that come knockin at the front door.
    RaduzielStummvonBordwehrThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    That sounds reasonable to me. Plus, it should be a monk's stronghold as well, not the Keep, especially after completing all the tasks for Rassad and fighting off the other monks that come knockin at the front door.

I want to tattoo this post all over my body and then run naked towards Beamdog's HQ.
    ZaghoulStummvonBordwehrWinterisle
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Considering that Rasaad spends all this time questioning himself and his motives, it is really a wasted opportunity to test the protagonist and not Rasaad.
    I also would have liked a somewhat more philosophical side to the tests, not just obviously evil stuff or straightforward combat. But that is just by the way.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I believe the answer is that Rasaad would get plastered by one of the last two challenges and you would have to run off and find a new monk. I liked Rasaad, and his quest was interesting, but it seemed like it would take an eternity to get him to where he wasn't a tag-along.

Which is kind of ironic, really, given that another monk you run into in ToB hands out beatings like party favors.