Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Issue with thief ability 'Set Snare'

kotopheykotophey Member Posts: 60
After several brief tests, I came to the conclusion: when a multi-class thief using 'Set Snare' ability , its thief level is taken as the rounded up arithmetic average of all its classes.

For example:

А multi-class halfling warrior (level 18) / thief (level 21) uses a '4d8 +2 fire dmg' trap, i.e. that one what a single class thief uses at 16-20 levels. The same halfling, when reached 22 level in his thief class still use a same trap type. But as soon as he gets the next level, i.e. becomes a warrior (19 lv.) / thief (22 lv.), the trap type changes to "20 poison dmg + slay", i.e. that one what a single class thief uses at 21(+) levels.

In this regard, my question is: does it work as intended or it's a bug?

P.S. I do not know how this ability works for dual class. Did not check.

Comments