Skip to content

Baldur's Gate EE - Steam Vs GOG

I am trying to figure out if I want to buy this on Steam or GOG. I will be using mods that work with the EE so I would just like to know if there are mods that will only work with the GOG version and not Steam or vice versa?

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Are you also want to buy SoD? If yes, choose Beamdog store in order to not have to deal with 'DLC Manager' mod installation. If the only available options are Steam or GoG, choose Steam.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @MikeSol Buying from Beamdog.com also lets you get Steam keys if you contact our support - support@beamdog.com .
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    1. Buy from Beamdog direct, it better supports the devs and makes modding SoD easier.
    2. Avoid Steam like the plague. DRM is evil.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    As nobody seems to answer your question, mods will work with all versions so you can choose the one you want.

If you have SoD you will need to unpack the DLC with modmerge for example before installing mods (this is the case for both Steam and GoG versions, only the Beamdog one does not need modmerge).