Skip to content

Boaster's Original Sound Pack

BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
edited April 2019 in General Modding
Some assembly required

http://mantera.xorgate.com/files/BG.rar
22.5 MB - compressed RAR file

I recorded these all like 5 years ago now, I think and posted as four contiguous long MP3 files. I had a cold and made the best of it. I figured, why not record another alternative sound pack for BG EE for perhaps a more evil, less cartoonish, evil character.

Users will need to customize the WAV files to their liking as far as the order in which things happen.

Within the RAR file there are two sets. They sound slightly different, but mostly the same. Intermix them if you choose. The second set was more as I was losing the voice I had with a cold and just not being able to talk at all.

Make the best of it if you will.

If anyone would like me for recordings, my voice isn't quite naturally so deep, but I could come up with a reasonable facsimile thereof.
Post edited by Boaster on
JuliusBorisovTimbo0o0o0

Comments

• BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    I've recently come down with the flu--or a nasty cold, take your pick--and I now presently have that deep Kevin Conroy Batman-like voice.

The time window is small, as I am recovering. I can record some custom scripts if you'd like.

It's all short order work, free of charge if it's not burdensome. Thanks.

• Thanks for the offer. Is it anything like this situation?

http://wondermark.com/826/
    Yep! I suppose, if it's all the same :smile:

I have a background in radio, which I am no longer actively involved with.
  • Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    Hi Boaster,
    it's nice to see you posting at this Forum.
    I love your Lords of Magic Special Edition modding project!
    For all of you that don't know what im talking about, Lords of Magic is a game developed by Sierra Games in 1998 and its a bit like Heroes of Might and Magic.
    Boaster is still active, modding this gem of a game and its a no brainer for me to play LOMSE with his mod.

I just wanted to thank you and promote your work and the game as well. =)
  • GoidaGoida Member Posts: 118
    Ho-ho, a Lords of Magic mod! That game had lots of potential, but it was nearly unplayable because of poor balance and some bad design decisions. Maybe a mod can make it come back... Is @Boaster still around? I could use some voice-over for my mod, and he was offering.
    Hi @Goida, try to reach him here:
    impz.proboards.com/board/2/lords-magic
    that is his Lords of Magic board, he is still active as far as i know.
    Goida
    Someone messaged me at my board. This thread has been around a couple of years. As a matter of fact, just last month I got another one of those nasty throat colds. They seem to come about once every 1.5 years or thereabout.

Glad to see some fans of my work, for LOMSE, and maybe also the voicework? Right? The voicework too, right? ;)
    Hi @Boaster , ufortunatly I cant tell you something about your voicework because its been offline for quite a while now. The link is not working. If you could fix the link, I'll be glad to try it. =)
    Did you do another voicepack while your second flu?
    Good to know you are better.
    I left out the 'A' in xorgate, dang it! Fixed now though.

http://mantera.xorgate.com/files/BG.rar
    Timbo0o0o0
    Thanks a lot, @Boaster !
    I've listened to both sets in my beloved 1by1-Mediaplayer and I must say, they are amazing!
    These Sets are a realy good addition to the original Soundfiles.
    I realy laughed about some ideas you had and how you recorded them.
    In my next runthrough, they definately will be included.
    There is a Topic concerning Voicepacks, maybe you want to post a link to your set there.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38319/mods-awesome-soundsets-mods-master-thread-custom-soundsets-for-bgee-bg2ee-and-iwdee/p1
    It will get more attention there, I guess.
    Boaster