Skip to content

Canadian Thanksgiving

SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
edited October 2012 in Off-Topic
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everybody!

I realize there are only like ~20 or so Canadians on here, but that won't stop me from wishing them all a great day!

I know today is our Turkey day. I spent it having a LAN 'party' with my family, beating Torchlight 2 as a team while eating Pizza Hut. Clearly I've got a lot to be thankful for :) How about you guys/girls?
Awong124elminstersarevok57Sily

Comments

• alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Happy Ham(I don't like turkey)Day! :D
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Went to a restaurant with the family. Lasagna for me, though others had turkey.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    edited October 2012
    Happy Thanksgiving! Not doing anything today, but we did go over to families and friends for Friday, Saturday and Sunday... so today we're just thankful for having a break :)
    Silence
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Turkey and the works for me. Also got to listen to my grandma spout some crazy conspiracy theories. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    LadyRhian said:
    Great link!
    Silence
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @elminster Thanks! I love LRR!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    turkey and mashed potatoes with gravy, yums yums in my tums tums :)
    elminsterSilence
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2012
    LadyRhian said:
    Yuck! That's not poutine they're making it's an abomination!!. Base poutine has to have fries, cheese curds and some type of nice sauce on it..THEN you improvise like using italian sauce or different styles of fries but ALWAYS cheese curds. It's the combination of the cheeses curds melting over the fries from the heat of the sauce that gives poutine it's unique flavour. Seeing them use processed cheese slices just turned my stomach to the tune of 4 rolaids to beat down the nausea lol. I personally make spicey fries in my deep fryer, add the curds then put some nice chicken or turkey gravy on it...nummy.
    alannahsmithSilence
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Great... now I have the munchies for some poutine. It's been a while since I've last had it.

I'm just glad I'm able to find it on almost every corner when I start craving for it!

LadyRhian said:
    Yuck! That's not poutine they're making it's an abomination!!. Base poutine has to have fries, cheese curds and some type of nice sauce on it..THEN you improvise like using italian sauce or different styles of fries but ALWAYS cheese curds. It's the combination of the cheeses curds melting over the fries from the heat of the sauce that gives poutine it's unique flavour. Seeing them use processed cheese slices just turned my stomach to the tune of 4 rolaids to beat down the nausea lol. I personally make spicey fries in my deep fryer, add the curds then put some nice chicken or turkey gravy on it...nummy.
    Mmmm... chicken curry poutine.
    Silence
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    Mmmmmm, poutine. And chicken curry. Looks like I have dinner planned for the next days. Apparently I'm not quite done giving thanks.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    @Gilgalahad It makes me soooo ANGRY when I order poutine and it comes with grated cheese instead of cheese curds! Its just not the same!

On a side note...That video was revolting, lol!
    Gilgalahad