Skip to content

BGII EE for Android missing from Google Play Store

I saw a review for BG:SOD mention that you should buy it before it gets pulled from the Play store - like BGII EE and IWD. Sure enough, I went to check my library, since I bought a copy of BGII EE last year, and it was missing from the store and my library. Fortunately, I still have a working copy on my tablet but my tablet is getting old.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Comments

• dereederee Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    I want to ask the same Question. It looks like BG2 EE got removed from the Playstore, and the Beamdog website only lists ipad, pc and mac as platforms for the game. Looks like no more bg2 ee for android tbh.
  • RathenauRathenau Member Posts: 80
    Same here. Got a new phone but can't seem to download the game, what gives?
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    It's a little aggravating that the app was actively removed from the Play store, as that means once your current device dies, that's the end of the road. Simply not being updated would be bad, but this is even worse. On the flip side, I've been debating whether or not to switch to the iPad when my Galaxy Tab S2 finally buys the farm anyway, as it seems Android tablets are a backwater these days. I'm just not sure how, or even if, you can mod games on that platform. I have the XP cap remover on BG, for example, and I did that using a local file manager.
  • RathenauRathenau Member Posts: 80
    It's rather funny: the page on baldursgateii.com has been updated to state it's on PC, Mac and iPad. However, baldursgateii.com/buy.html still has the android header and broken link to the play store.