Skip to content

PC Soundsets - Missing Annoyed sounds?

Hi everyone! I started playing IWD:EE last night (spent a good 2 hours just generating my characters), but after starting the adventure, I noticed that repeatedly clicking on my PCs did not trigger the various "Annoyed" sounds that I remember they used to make. (Many years ago, when I first played through IWD, I remember repeatedly clicking on my dwarf just to hear him say "Damn yer eyes!" XD) Instead, now when I click on them multiple times, they instead start spouting lines like "Done", or "As you wish". They sound like Action Confirmation lines!

So Is there a bug in the soundsets? If so, is Beamdog aware of this and going to fix it? Otherwise, does anyone know of a way I can bring those Annoyed lines back (maybe through editing a 2DA file or something similar)? I'm eager to start my adventures in IWD all over again, but it just doesn't feel the same without my heroes getting a little snarky back to me after a long, hard battle with lots of clicking.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i want to say it is indeed a bug, i noticed this when i made my custom sound sets a year or so ago

although if im not mistaken, BG 2 does them all right, but bg1 and iwd are having issues with it

will it ever be fixed? no idea
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    When IWD:EE was first released, there was a bug that would make them say their "annoyed" line almost every time you clicked on them. I had never heard most of those lines before. It got *extremely* annoying - to ME, the player.

I'd say the fact that they won't say them now has something to do with however they fixed the original bug. I prefer it the way it is now. Believe me, those lines may be funny the first time you hear them, but they get old after a couple of dozens of times.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    edited March 2019
    Ahhh, that explains it. All the same, by fixing the bug, they created a new one; I don't think that fixing the bug by making them never say their annoyed lines is an ideal solution. Not to mention that the new faux "annoyed" lines really bugs me too; imagine going up to a friend and saying "Hi!" and they respond with "On my way!" What?? I haven't even said what I wanted yet! It makes my characters sound like they're stupid or disconnected from reality. It's really immersion breaking. :/