Skip to content

Saerileth/Find Proof of Mae'Var's Treachery problem

I have Saerileth in my party and am romancing her. When I spoke to Edwin to get the second task in the Mae'Var side quest, Saerileth warned me against killing Rayic Gethras; she said if I killed him, there would be trouble. And when I killed Rayic Gethras, she said that we were now enemies, and she dropped all her items and left the party.

Obviously, I don't want Saerileth to leave the party. But to advance the side quest, Rayic Gethras needs to die, and every time he dies, even with CTRL+Y, Saerileth leaves the party.

Is there a way around this issue that doesn't involve restarting Chapter Two?

All I've done so far is free Hendak and the slaves, and then set up some other side quests, so it's not like I would have to do too much again if I restarted from the start of the chapter. But I'd like to avoid if that if I could.

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    Hi @ANOF
    You can just kill Edwin after he gives you the quest. Edwin has the key for the safe in his inventory. Taking the documents from the safe and bringing them to Renal advances the quest in its usual way.

I do this when I play a paladin, ranger or any no reload run... you miss out om some XP, but not many.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    You may convince him to give his ring. I don't know what is necessary to achieve this, though.

Maybe you can also pickpocket the ring.

Anyway, Edwin can be fooled if you have the ring no matter how you've obtained it.
  • ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70
    edited April 2019
    Hi @ANOF
    You can just kill Edwin after he gives you the quest. Edwin has the key for the safe in his inventory. Taking the documents from the safe and bringing them to Renal advances the quest in its usual way.

I do this when I play a paladin, ranger or any no reload run... you miss out om some XP, but not many.

I'll give that a try and see how Saerileth responds. Thanks.
    Raduziel wrote: »
    You may convince him to give his ring. I don't know what is necessary to achieve this, though.

Maybe you can also pickpocket the ring.

Anyway, Edwin can be fooled if you have the ring no matter how you've obtained it.

I had thought of that, and have done it before, with older versions of the game, but that option requires a particular mod to be installed. And any rings that Rayic Gethras has dropped when killed have been generic rings.

I've tried pickpocketing him, but can never seem to get the ring, though I'll keep trying just to see if that is a viable option for the future. Thanks.
  • ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70
    edited April 2019
    double post.