Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @zelazko If you have a specific issue, please let me know so I can look into it. I've tried to code so that the mod will work on regular bg2 with or without Tob at well as the ee version, but I don't have the original game anymore so it's difficult to test.

As for the ee version, the newest patch shouldn't break anything. I just updated my game to 2.5 and the only issue I've had so far is with the spell revisions mod.
    ThacoBell
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    zelazko said:

Any one runs this mod fine without issues for BG2:SoA/BG2:ToB?

You mean not EE? I think there's enough EE exclusive content that that might be difficult, but you could try. Ratatoskr and I both are playing with the latest version of BG2:EE so that's what we've coded and tested for (Ratatoskr was delaying installing one of the patches for a while, but I think she finally gave in).
    I have actually tried to code so that you don't need EE to install this. However since i only have EE 2.5, i haven't been able to test that.

If anyone without EE tries to install this mod, i would love to know whether it works.
  • PinkertinPinkertin Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2019
    Carry on all creators! Mazzy has always been my favorite!
    I wish you luck and speed on all your endeavors!

One question though: are you planning any race restrictions for the romance (as I plan out my next Char in eager anticipation for the romance release!)?
    Post edited by Pinkertin on
    ThacoBell
    Pinkertin said:

Carry on good sir! Mazzy has always been my favorite!
    I wish you luck and speed on all your endeavors!

One question though: are you planning any race restrictions for the romance (as I plan out my next Char in eager anticipation for the romance release!)?

No, but you need a higher CHR the more you are outside of her normal dating pool (but we're only checking that once, so you can just boost it when needed). You also need WIS and INT 8 if I remember. You have to be literate and not a complete fool and least when you first ask.

A lot of what's written and will be coded are just friendship things, meaning as long as you're not a jerk you can see all those even if you have no romantic interest in her. We're keeping only the actual relationship parts as the actual romance (instead of just making both into one long dialogue chain).

Ratatoskr promised me a new update any day now with the latest dialogues that were basically finished. The way it works is we have this folder of word files that we just send back and forth, editing each time, and then once neither of us have any edits for something we code it. Used to be I coded it, now she codes it since she has way more free time.

We're trying to push ahead of the friendship/romance stuff and get that in finished, workable fashion, since almost everything else has been fully edited and coded now. Though even when that's done we'll still keep adding to it until it's fleshed out as best as our ideas allow.
    CaszidyThacoBellIakus
  • PinkertinPinkertin Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the update! And thanks for the hard work!
    CaszidyThacoBellIakus
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The Mazzy curse is finally being defeated!
    megamike15Raduziel
  • IakusIakus Member Posts: 36
    Glad to see a Mazzy mod, especially one so ambitious. She's always been a favorite of mine. Keep it up!
  • coffin_nailercoffin_nailer Member Posts: 16
    Will there be any restrictions on who can romance Mazzy whenever that gets in?
    ThacoBellFina92
    Will there be any restrictions on who can romance Mazzy whenever that gets in?

I haven't coded it yet but we don't plan to have race or gender restrictions. Things will just play out slightly differently. She's not fond of thieves and won't let you romance six people at once ( unless they're all obscure mods we haven't coded for) , but you will be able to choose her no matter what and the moments of choice should be obvious. So you don't need to worry about starting another romance and missing ours.

Honestly the closest thing to a restriction that we have planned is that you can't be a horrible person because you'll need an active friendship to trigger the romance. But hopefully if you're getting the full Mazzy experience with ForTheGood and everything, you weren't planning on being super evil anyway. That add on is really true Mazzy in our eyes.
    ThacoBellcoffin_nailerFina92
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    you could have easily made it so yu had to play a halfling to romance mazzy just to mess with people. :p
    edited February 2019
    True, we could. But then gnomes, dwarves and half-orcs still wouldn't get any love :-).

Honestly, @BCaesar and I find it rather annoying that 90% of mod romances only seem to work for humans, elves or half-elves. So we decided that while male halflings may have it the easiest in some ways, we weren't going to restrict the romance otherwise. Except for that whole not being a terrible person thing. Mazzy does have standards after all.
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
    ThacoBelllolien
    I've always roleplayed my "canon" charname as a Half-Orc druidic bard that has a huge secret crush on Mazzy. You guys are gonna make all his dreams come true.
    Ratatoskrlolien[Deleted User]
  • SpiritWalkerSpiritWalker Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the mod. I seem to have some problems with the Clara part. I don’t get the option to save her, Hexxat kills her directly before I can do anything, and killing Hexxat after that doesn’t help. I have only one other mod (Dungeon-Be-Gone), which works well. So I wonder what cause this problem.
    Thanks for the mod. I seem to have some problems with the Clara part. I don’t get the option to save her, Hexxat kills her directly before I can do anything, and killing Hexxat after that doesn’t help. I have only one other mod (Dungeon-Be-Gone), which works well. So I wonder what cause this problem.

Hexxat will always kill Clara, our mod doesn't actually stop that. However, if you choose to kill Hexxat during the following conversation, or just attack her afterward, you should get floating text saying that you've killed her and there's nothing but an old sack left.

If you pick that up and then go get a stake, you should automatically kill Hexxat and have Clara reappear in your party.

Please check whether you missed the sack or just need to get a wooden stake, and then if things still aren't working, we can go from there with debug files and such. The next update should make the fact that you need to kill Hexxat in order to regain Clara a bit more obvious, but you will always need to pick up the sack and have a wooden stake.
    [Deleted User]leeux
  • SpiritWalkerSpiritWalker Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2019
    I did as you suggested and revived her. Thanks for all!
    Post edited by SpiritWalker on
    Ratatoskr
  • nullsetnullset Member Posts: 38
    I am thinking of using your restcheck, but I cannot see how it works. It seems to be hermetic: it changes no variables other than your own, and I see no code to put your triggers into existing scripts/dialogues. It appears to prevent multiple access only to your own scripts, which themselves do not trigger dialogues/cutscenes. What am I missing?
    @BCaesar See above question.

I'm not entirely sure how restcheck works myself since he did all the coding there. If he doesn't answer in the next few days or so, let me know and I'll take a look.

I think it's mostly scriptbased since the files themselves are added to each bcs file during setup.
    nullset wrote: »
    I am thinking of using your restcheck, but I cannot see how it works. It seems to be hermetic: it changes no variables other than your own, and I see no code to put your triggers into existing scripts/dialogues. It appears to prevent multiple access only to your own scripts, which themselves do not trigger dialogues/cutscenes. What am I missing?

It works if you put Global("_rc_restcheck","GLOBAL",0) as a condition for your scripts. It says that in the restcheck thread but it's easy to miss. That way your rest scripts don't trigger if any of the other rest scripts are about to trigger that rest.

However, annoyingly the restchecktool doesn't seem to be working when I install the latest version of AllThingsMazzy and I can't figure it out. Either there's something from another mod that's making the dialogue not trigger or Ratatoskr broke something when she was reorganizing everything, however when looking at it in Nearinfinity it seems to all install so I can't figure it out.
    edited February 2019
    Deleted comment. I had thought that when you installed restchecktool you had to change all the prefixes to those from your mod, but then I remembered that I changed that in the second version. It has been a long time since I made that.
    Post edited by BCaesar on
    BCaesar wrote: »
    nullset wrote: »

It works if you put Global("_rc_restcheck","GLOBAL",0) as a condition for your scripts. It says that in the restcheck thread but it's easy to miss. That way your rest scripts don't trigger if any of the other rest scripts are about to trigger that rest.

However, annoyingly the restchecktool doesn't seem to be working when I install the latest version of AllThingsMazzy and I can't figure it out. Either there's something from another mod that's making the dialogue not trigger or Ratatoskr broke something when she was reorganizing everything, however when looking at it in Nearinfinity it seems to all install so I can't figure it out.

Well I put in a fix to my restchecktool. Another mod I installed had broken it and due to my sloppy coding it didn't automatically fix itself. Now it does (it just needed a redundancy in case it got interrupted which I think all dream scripts should use).
    lolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited March 2019
    @Ratatoskr @BCaesar

I'm making a mod with a component that turns Mazzy into a Fighter/Cleric and gives her a kit (Truesword of Arvoreen).

It just patches her CRE file, altering her savings, proficiencies, class, hit points and, of course, giving her spells' slots, filling her spellbook and removing her innates (as the kit already provide those and more).

Do you guys think that there will be a conflict?

Thanks.
    SharGuidesMyHandCaszidylolienAndreaColombo
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    @Raduziel Our mod doesn't actually change Mazzy's CRE file at all so as long as you're patching rather than replacing, I don't think that should cause any issues.

And I swear we are still working on this. Just been too busy lately.

Just patching :)

Good to know, thanks!
    lolien
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I... must.. stop... So many great mods.

This one is especially tempting. I loved having Mazzy in my last BG2 party, which was also my first run where I actually finished ToB. (I figured it was about time, even if it was a slog toward the end) She may be halfling, but wow, can she tank. Giving her the BMU and watching her go to town was awesome, so I'm looking forward to playing with this.

Will updates to the mod invalidate save games? I am still finishing up a SoD run, but I am looking forward to being back in Amn soon.
    @Maurvir As a general rule, changing any mods around tends to ruin in progress games.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Yeah, I figured as much. Which is why I will probably skip this one for now. I plan to take Mazzy the whole way on my next run. Either that, or take it as-is and just don't update once I start.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i have like 90 mods. the great thing about the ee is it does not cause lag if you have to many mods like the orignals so mod away.