Skip to content

[LoB] A bone golem on the Keldorn's way for the Gauntlets of Dexterity

Hi,

I'm playing BG2EE on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty and some battles are very hard. My team consists of Hadar (Cleric 10 / Mage 11), Keldorn (Paladin 11), Rasaad (Monk 12), Jan (Mage 11 / Thief 12), Neera (Wild Mage 12). Last spot is reserved for Mazzy.

I'm lacking melee power and Keldorn needs Gauntlets of Dexterity. But I have problem with brute and magic resistant foes and for my despair Stone Golem is on my way. I was able to dispatch other undead (including Greater Mummy) luring them one by one, but I do not have any other ideas how to defeat Stone Golem...

Any suggestions?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited March 2019
    Tank with mages, one at a time and protected, hit with pally, monk and buffed cm, withdrawing, the hitters as get targeted, keeping the focus of the golem on mages he can not damage should buy enough time to kill him almost without a scrath, a golem has low apr and needs time to consume stoneskin and images.
    Post edited by gorgonzola on
    JuliusBorisov
    did it work?
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    @gorgonzola I didn't have time to play - my sick leave ended on Sunday. But still only Keldorn has +3 weapon, so must find some easy obtainable weapon for Rasaad (Katana / Wakizashi /Scimitar / Ninjatō) and my Cleric / Mage (War Hammer / Flail / Morning Star) but with Keldorn so easy to hit and without Mazzy yet I don't know which quest I should take now.
  • ArachnusArachnus Member Posts: 20
    Has not 4th level spell "enchanted weapon" been markedly improved in EE?
    It should grant +3 enchantment level even to non-enchanted weapons.
    JuliusBorisov
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    You can sneak your way to both Belm and the Flail of Ages without any combat. Belm is only +2, but that's enough to hit a Bone Golem.
    sarevok57StummvonBordwehr
    1. I'm pretty sure that Bone Golem (at least on LoB) was resistant to +2 weapons.
    2. I choose to leave Gauntlets of Dexterity for some time and I did go forward with Neera and Rasaad quest, but now I'm stuck trying to pass the Blinding Sun Test, but Insivible Stalkers are almost untouchable even with True Sight... ?
    afaik lob changes hp and other things, but don't change the level of enchantment needed to hit a creature.
    did you got in the feedback messages like keldorn (dice roll and the rest) miss or messages like bone golem is immune to the weapon?
    the first means that a +2 weapon can hit it, but you don't have enough good thac0 to hit against his ac, the latter that you need a better enchantment weapon. and the best weapon i can think about in that case is the staff of rynn, +4 and on sale in the wakeen promenade.

wait, if i remember right to hit a bone golem is possible that crushing damage is needed, which weapons was you using?
    They have 50% resistance to slashing, piercing, and missile damage.
    Here's me hitting that particular Bone Golem in LoB mode with a Mace +2.
    3n08u9akahah.png
    gorgonzola
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Bone golems can be hit by any magic weapon, i.e. you only need +1, not +2 or +3.

As others have said you may find it difficult to hit them because of the -11 adjustment to their standard AC in LoB. If you want to play that, then try using summons - they are enhanced in the same way as enemies, so something like skeleton warriors tend to be better at tanking than your party members.
    gorgonzola
    @gorgonzola @joluv @Grond0

Thanks for your help. Keldorn already has the Gauntlets of Dexterity. And you were right - I've only needed +1 weapons - I probably though that I need +3 because only Keldorn hit bone golem with Lawrence Lilarcor +3 before my charname was dead. :P But tactics with stone skin + ghost armour + animate dead + protection from evil 3 metre + chant+ haste + blur + mirror image and whole party melee attack (on focusing bone golem attack on charname and summoned skeleton warrior) was enough. ;)
    joluvgorgonzola