Skip to content

Map not showing characters

I cannot see my characters and summons in the map. In the past I used to see very clear markers which indicated the location of each guy, but now they are so small and their colour is so similar to the background (especially with area map background enabled) that they are essentially invisible. Is this a problem with the game, or might it be related to my mods? I use Ascension, Tweaks Anthology, SCS, Portraits everywhere, Lighting pack, Jimfix and EE UI Tweaks.

In this picture, if you squint really, really hard, you might be able to see the markers:
7m6j2p57gqki.png

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    It's quite a bit clearer for me in an unmodded game.
    sih4tc7dsdzv.png

• AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    edited April 2019
    Thank you for your feedback. I tried using a vanilla installation and had the same result, very clear markers. Then I installed the lighting mod with its recommended options on top of the vanilla installation, tried again, and still no problem. Then I adjusted the values of the lighting mod to the custom values I actually use: recommended option plus 1.5 gamma for the background. With this the markers started to merge with the background:
    htbghjdh5xyf.png

Not as bad as in my fully modded installation, but still a noticeable worsening. So it looks like it's at least partially related to the lighting mod. I'll tell @argent77 about it and see if he can help.
    joluv
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @Alonso Sorry, I've missed this topic somehow. Unfortunately there are no separate shader files available for the area map overlay. But you could try your luck with the values in fpseam.glsl. It's the shader responsible for drawing the game's map background.
    Alonso
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Why is the entire map shaded blue? Pretty sure that is making them harder to see.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I'm guessing it's part of the lighting mod Alonso mentioned. It looks like it's highlighting the "valid path" areas of the map that you can walk on.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    argent77 wrote: »
    @Alonso Sorry, I've missed this topic somehow. Unfortunately there are no separate shader files available for the area map overlay. But you could try your luck with the values in fpseam.glsl. It's the shader responsible for drawing the game's map background.
    I'm having some difficulties tweaking the mod values. I'll report here if I find something that works.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Why is the entire map shaded blue? Pretty sure that is making them harder to see.
    That's the option "Area map background" enabled. You access it from the map itself. It does contribute to the problem because its colour is relatively similar to the color of the character circles. Still, as you can see in Joluv's screenshot that's not a problem in vanilla. Looks like the problem happens only with Lighting Pack installed.
    ThacoBell