Skip to content

Lost in the game

Where does one find the proper keys to escape to the second level of the beginning of the game?

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    You don't strictly need any keys once you're on the second level; you can just hug the wall and walk past the traps. But the keys are strewn around the first and second levels. There are two on the first level and four on the second. Five of them are in containers, and one drops when you kill a certain monster.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I can't think of any key locked doors that are required to escape the first dungeon. Are you thinking of the wand keys? Those are scattered across the dungeon as a whole. Check every lootable container and shelf.
  • AndatiAndati Member Posts: 7
    I thank you for your response. I have found the first two keys, but I cannot pass through any of the portals from the first level to get to the second level. How do you use the keys?
    The key to get to the second level is in the circular room past the dryads. To use it, you click on a portal while standing next to it.
    ThacoBell
    It has been so long since I've played this game I cannot remember a darn thing.
    I have both the wand of frost key and the wand of electric key. I have stood at both portals and clicked on them but get the message that I need a key to use for the portals. Am I doing something wrong?
    The portal key is separate from those two.
    ThacoBell
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    If you really don't want to mess with it, have Imoen check for traps in that room. Then avoid the traps. You can get around the periphery of that room without messing with the wands at all. Note, if you are in that room, you don't far to go, and you don't need anything else to get out.
    It makes me feel better that I wasn't the only one who missed the "to" in "escape to the second level."
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    LOL - wow, yeah...

In that case, there is an unusually lovely room on the first level - totally out of place with the rest of the dungeon. Make sure Imoen is on her toes in there.
    I thank you for your help. I made it and found the bounty hunter and added him to my company.
    BelgarathMTHNeverusedThacoBelljoluv