Skip to content

Pathway

DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
So has anybody checked out Pathway? I was curious if it was any good.
http://www.pathway-game.com/

It seems like a bit of curious expedition and a bit of xcom in an Indiana Jones kind of setting. It's all set in Africa during the 1930s, and you're competing with the Nazis to get artifacts. Each mission's supposed to be procedurally generated, so every one should be different. It could be amusing, I did enjoy a Curious Expedtion, but wanted to know if anyone liked it before I checked it out.

Comments

• jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    I like the way this looks.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Well I went and got it.

So, it's not anywhere near as random as they made it sound. You get the same missions, and the end zone is always the same, it's just the path and events up to it that are random. I don't mind that it took me 3 tries to even manage to finish the first mission, but it's really annoying even on the second mission you can't have more than 2 guys. What I find even more annoying is it will totally generate missions that are not possible to finish. Like there just was not enough gas to get through the second mission, no matter what. Sure you can roam around on foot, but you take damage constantly for doing that. The game has hope, but I'm not enthused about firing it up again if they don't fix those points.