Skip to content

Who will Korgan fight with?

I don’t mind mixing good and evil, as long as they don’t actually kill each other.

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Just Aerie.

You can read them all here.

https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Companions
    gorgonzolaRaduziel
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Originally just Aerie. Though since ToB, not necessarily. I don't recall exactly how its implemented, but now Aerie, rather than leaving, will defend herself from Korgan. They have an interesting moment where Korgan will say he was just trying to toughen her up, and how he's happy she has and will leave her alone. I don't know if it will also happen in the SoA portion of the game, or if you have to make it to ToB without that talk triggering.
    gorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited April 2019
    by the way if it happen at high levels is completely unrealistic that both korgan with aerie and keldorn with viconia can win the battle. aerie can easily protect herself, buff herself and kick the dwarf's butt, or every fighter type butt, winning the battle while not even taking a scratch, if she want to kill him with physical attacks and not with magic, and what a high level evil cleric can do to a paladin is simply wicked, she has only to turn him to torture him while he rolls on the floor screaming and suffering...
    EDIT: maybe it is the real reason why keldorn in soa kills viky, but has no problem with some other evil toon. she frighten him, more then an angry dragon. they say: " kill them before they grow"... :D .
    Balrog99
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I think Keldorn's hate has more to do with her choice of deity than her class.
    gorgonzola
    yep, mine was a joke...
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    @gorgonzola I am curious how you are depicting the fight between Keldorn and Viconia unfold. Keldorn probably has magic resistance of 50+% (while hers will be useless in the fight), he also has a Dispel Magic (that will work 99% of the time) and he has crossbow attacks to disrupt any and all spellcasting.
    She is powerful, certainly. But unless she gets to prepare for the fight with summons, even though he attacks her first, I do not see what she might be able to do.
    she has turn undead that for evil clerics is also turn paladin. i had them together one time with a mod that let have all the npcs ignoring reputation and their incompatibility. every time she used turn undead to turn some enemy he also was turned.
    we can be happy that in the game no high level evil cleric enemy use turn undead, as it ignore the magic resistence and the paladin level, at a certain cleric level there is probably only a 1% chance of critical failure.
    keldorn will never have the chance to use his dispell magic, his crossbow or anything, will just roll on the floor screaming and lamenting as i told.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Interestingly I recall Korgan will fight with the PC if you pick the right / wrong dialogue choices
    That is fascinating. It ignores the paladin's level? That sounds bugged.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    By your title I thought you were taking bets or something.
    Artona
    @Humanoid_Taifun it is not dispel magic that compare the caster level with he target level. turn undead afaik compare the cleric level with the creature type, at a certain level the cleric turn some types of undeads making them run away instead of attacking and kill/take control other types of undeads. there are some special cases, ie the shade lich and the elemental lich need more levels then a generic lich, but afaik is not related to the level of the undead. with paladins the effect is different, they don't run or get destroyed, but fall on the ground without taking damage. at least it is what happened to me having viconia and keldorn in the same party. as he was turned i did not have any control on keldorn. maybe some player with a knowledge gathered analyzing the game files and not only by trial and error like mine can tell you more.
    as there are not much paladins to turn in the game i never found some online information on turn paladin, what i know is what i found having viconia turning undeads with the purpose of controlling them and having also a paladin in the party.
    @gorgonzola I am pretty sure that Turn Undead is normally level-dependent.
    This article is somewhat confusing. But if I read this right; since the cleric's level is accounted for twice, while the victim's level is only taken into account once and then modified by 1D4+5 (7.5 on average), any high level cleric should have no problem turning an equally high leveled paladin. And paladins rise in levels slower than clerics, the paladin's disadvantage is only exasperated.
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Turn_Undead

You are right. At that point Keldorn can only hope to remain out of reach of Turn Undead and try to defeat Viconia with a crossbow - which would be difficult to say the least.
    gorgonzola