Skip to content

Baldur's Gate on PS1

bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
edited October 2012 in Off-Topic
Apparently Baldur's Gate 1 was being ported over to the original Playstation, but it never made release. Check the link for some screenies.

http://forums.lostlevels.org/viewtopic.php?t=2218

Here is the one gameplay video I've found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QGS34Lj7qA

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    That looks rough even for PS1. FF Tactics came out in January of 1998, same year BG1 got released.

Not saying it's not legit, but man that'd be an early build.

This seems more like what BG1 would have been in 1990 than a PS1 build.
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    That port looks pretty solid, I don't believe the PSX could do much better than that. We're dealing with super low TV resolution here, not the highly detailed 640x480 of "modern" PCs. I imagine playing BG with a gamepad to be a big problem though.

This port is infinitely better than the Dark Alliance bullshit. I actually considered buying a PS2 for it before it got released.
  • griffianogriffiano Member Posts: 26
    God could you imagine how awful it would have been using a pad instead of a mouse? glad it never got released because if I had played that version I may not have fallen in love with Baldur's Gate
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Would not be a problem, a cursor would probally be used pretty much as it's done in Ogre Battle 64 (from Nintendo 64), a plataform game with an arrow control (and a pretty awersome game).
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I'm pretty sure that a pirated version of this is actually out there. Some people have played it on their PSP.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I am pretty damn sure the PlayStation didn't even meet the system requirements of the final Baldur's Gate product. If memory serves right, then this port is mighty good, aside from a bit rusted out graphics. Generally speaking it looks... playable.
  • AlexMAlexM Member Posts: 110
    griffiano said:

God could you imagine how awful it would have been using a pad instead of a mouse? glad it never got released because if I had played that version I may not have fallen in love with Baldur's Gate

Maybe it would of supported this.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    AlexM said:

Maybe it would of supported this.

Can you say bundle ...

• anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    I really wanted to have played this game, I loved playing FFT.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Gotta say, it's been a while since I last saw a 6 years necro post.