Skip to content

Ribald pays double price

When I ask Ribald about his "secret stash" all of a sudden he's ready to pay about twice as much as any other merchant for all my items. Is this intended? It feels like cheating...
xc29vvyqqed8.png

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    It's always been like that, dunno if that was intended or it's bug. Also, in ToB the tavern guy in Saradush pays double as well.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    You can also get great prices selling to Karthis al-Hezzar, Reirra, the Priestess of Sekolah, and the Temples of Waukeen in Saradush, Trademeet, and Amkethran.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yes, his purchase markup in his special goods (55) is substantially higher than the normal markup (30). More info here.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited April 2019
    I take it back the bug possibility, though. Certain stores in the game do actually pay you less for stuff and charge more, so Ribald and a couple of other shops being friendlier to your budget is just another of the game's variables. On the other hand, expensive shops are usually like that because there is a context behind it, such as Underdark stores , the genie merchant...
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I think the context in this case is that you're a VIP customer because you're presumably high-level and rich by Chapter 6.